ADVERTISEMENT

Post Season pairings

POD #1
Western Christian, Hull (4-5) at Underwood (9-0) Ridge View (6-3) at West Sioux, Hawarden (8-1)

POD #2
ACGC (8-1) at South Central Calhoun (8-1) Woodward-Granger (6-3) at Van Meter (9-0)

POD #3
Pella Christian (8-1) at Dike-New Hartford (9-0) Columbus Catholic, Waterloo (7-2) at Sigourney/Keota (9-0)

POD #4
West Branch (7-2) at Beckman Catholic, Dyersville (9-0) MFL MarMac (7-2) at Regina, Iowa City (9-0)

Was a bit off on my POD predictions. Thoughts?
Made my predictions in the prediction thread, but thoughts?

I think Western Christian is better than their record indicates, but Underwood just has so much offense that they will keep bringing it and win pretty handily

Columbus and SK looks like the most even matchup

I think Regina will win - MFL will fight to the end, but I think Regina defense gets this one done. I'd like to see WB play spoiler and set up a Regina WB rematch, but don't really think that's going to happen. But it's the playoffs and (almost) anything can happen.

Thoughts on AC/GC vs SSC? Both teams are run heavy so weather doesn’t factor in much with this matchup. Could be the fastest game of the round. I think it’ll be a solid battle between two well coached teams.

Thoughts on AC/GC vs SSC? Both teams are run heavy so weather doesn’t factor in much with this matchup. Could be the fastest game of the round. I think it’ll be a solid battle between two well coached teams.
I have not seen either one on film, but that running back for ACGC must be a beast at 5'11" 220. That would be a load to bring down.

AC/GC seems to have the better pedigree - Little tougher schedule? With some of the big margins they racked up, they must have broken some big plays.

SCC seems to have some balance -1000 yds passing, 13 passing TDs

AC/GC seems a little more battle tested. SCC may bring an attack they haven't seen much of before. Should be a very interesting game (i.e. could be close, could be see-saw, could be a blow-out, just really can't tell by the numbers and never having seen them play

Reactions: Charles86
Class 1A Quarterfinals - Friday November 5th

West Sioux at Underwood

AC/GC at Van Meter

Sigourney/Keota at Dike-New Hartford

MFL MarMac at Beckman, Dyersville

I’m eyeing that first game. Thoughts on the quarterfinals?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT