Nodaway Valley 0-8

Dist. 8
Underwood 11-1
AHSTW 10-1
Red Oak 5-4
Treynor 5-4
Shen. 2-6
MO Valley 0-9

Just throwing this out there as an alternative to what has already been predicted.
I guess we will find out next week what the real districts are.

This looks really good. I think this could be the districts the state goes with. Uses both competitive balance and geography.

I would have to agree - this is the best way to divide them based on competative districts along with geographic area. A few districts are better or worse than each other, but overall it is a good mix. It is hard to say but it seems like every cycle or 2 the state really mixes up the districts based on going east or west. But this looks fair and competative based on last year.

I did the best I could based on geography and trying to have 3 or 4 teams with winning records from last season in each district. There is definitely a few districts that are stronger than others but for the most part I tried to keep them even. I did like the other prediction but I don't think the IAHSAA is going to put three teams that didn't win a game last season in the same district and move S-K to the district with Regina, West Branch, Wilton and Durant. East Marshall was the toughest one to figure because they could go several ways.

That was a very good guess. I think District 3 is still the toughest from 1-4. Quite a few districts have a good 1-2 punch, Not sure if AHSTW will be competative in #8 but if they are that will have 2 also. Otherwise District 2 & 7 are the weakest. District 7 does have South Hamilton but drops after that. District 2 has no one with a good team from last year. Hopefully a couple of those teams have some young kids that step up to make it competative.

You nailed it, Scott E. I'm surprised the state didn't separate OABCIG and West Sioux, that's two really good teams in district 1, and then District 2 doesn't have a single team with a winning record.

They separated DNH, GC and South Hamilton, why not separate OABCIG and WS??

Top to bottom District 3 is the toughest, IMO.

Last edited:
Not sure about AP but MFL is still going to be very good this year in #3. Denver also usually is pretty competative. District #4 is set up for GC.

Thanks for putting this together -- you were darn close! Nice work.

The thing about high school sports though, is that past success is certainly not an indication of future results. Lots of turnover year-after-year.

That is very true. Although it appears that the strong programs continue to win, I believe, because they have a good system in place and good coaching. I really like the district format because schools play others that are generally the same size. I am glad that the Athletic Association is listening to the Coaches/Officials Associations on changes they think will make their sports better because I think it was a huge success in wrestling this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT