ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Will St Eds fail to record this lost in the dome this year is quick stats?

ghost80

Varsity
Feb 24, 2009
As the season starts to wind down the question should be brought up, "just what should be done to St Eds if they fail to record their stats in QuickStats if (when) they lose in the dome?" I realize that other schools also fail to post but St Eds has been a highly visible repeat offender. If they fail to post their last game again this year it will be 3 times in the last 4 years. If you look at 2007 they only posted stats for the first 6 games of the season (no coincidence they failed to make the playoff otherwise they would have been forced to update their stats).

What should be done with this repeat offender and why?

I would follow the ihsaa.org handbook. What does it say the actual rule is? What penalty coincides with the infraction? You seem to know quite a bit about this. Why not post what the handbook says, many posters in the past have done that. Interested in your findings. Please hurry. And by the way, if there is a rule and a coinciding penalty, they should be held to that standard and penalized accordingly. No different than any other school for any other violation. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

This "lost" in the dome this year "is" quick stats???

This poll title must have been written by a second grader.

Good grief, fella. Give that one another try...

The English language is currently being given a standing 8 count due to the beating it absorbed in that subject line.

Other than that- another non-issue by Ghost. Add it to the list.

Originally posted by Saints85:
I would follow the ihsaa.org handbook. What does it say the actual rule is? What penalty coincides with the infraction? You seem to know quite a bit about this. Why not post what the handbook says, many posters in the past have done that. Interested in your findings. Please hurry. And by the way, if there is a rule and a coinciding penalty, they should be held to that standard and penalized accordingly. No different than any other school for any other violation. Seems pretty cut and dry to me.
"The penalty for failure to report on time is: First offense, a letter/e-mail to the head coach and athletic director from the
IHSAA sport administrator giving 3 days to comply with the mandate; Second offense, a letter to the athletic director with a
copy to the principal from the IHSAA executive director, giving 3 days to comply with the mandate. Third offense, IHSAA
member school's expense allowances will be withheld by the IHSAA in the sport in which the third offense occurred."

Well, if Ghost's math is better than his English, if they fail this year, they won't get their expense money. I guess the only way to find that out Ghost, is to call the school to see if that happens - assuming they don't post the stats.

laugh.r191677.gif

Quikstats was more of a "trend" for schools until about 2008 or 2009. Not every school uploaded statistics on Quikstats until the State mandated it. Some noticeable absentees from that 2007 season are Western Christian, Fort Dodge and Webster City, among others. But they all had stats the following year.

But hahahahaha ghost would've known that if he wasn't too busy satisfying his agenda. Nothing to see here.

lurk.r191677.gif

Gotta admit...the English is pretty bad. Too few hours of sleep and no coffee at 7:00 am on a Sunday morning.

But I will trade a few deserved barbs about bad English for a heck of a Saturday night!! (I wasn't posting on preps at 4:00am like someone else).

Bad English or not the content is still the same anyway you slice it....what's the point of having a rule if it can be contemptuously ignored.

FTR, I knew that BOB's answer was $$$$$. Why do you think I listed what amounts to a fine and even labeled that it would be Boone's favorite choice.

That doesn't mean that is what should happen. If Boone doesn't put more backbone into enforcing this, fewer and fewer schools will post and then WWTD? (what will Thunder do).

download IStats to an IPad (which I am sure somebody in every school owns).

Loan the IPad to the stats guy/gal to use said IStats.

$10 for program

$75 to Stats programmer at ASP Solutions.

You send an email to ASPS that contains stats from said game (which can be completed directly from IStats)

Its done.

I usually get an email with full detailed stats within 20 minutes of game being over.

Saves time later, so its worth the $$$

Evidently FDSE doesnt have the $$$, time, or person to be a statistician.

G80, why did you spend the whole year ragging on St. Eds like a spoiled brat that got told no?

Simple 215#,

I've explained it before but I'll do it again. This isn't the first time SE has failed to comply with posting their stats when they have lost. Between them being a repeat offender and last year being able to present themselves as an undefeated team it was time for them to be called on it to help make sure they completed their responsibility. It might have worked.....they did comply with posting stats from their loss on Saturday (although they seemed to have forgotten how many interceptions they threw).

Here is a word of warning. If your 285# mamma catches you using that R word she is gonna wup you worse than Regina did last year.

This post was edited on 11/18 8:41 PM by ghost80

Clearly, St. Edmond's needs to be kicked out of the IHSAA and their coaches and principals sent to prison.

You are entitled to your opinion Iceland but I think that would be a little too harsh. If you would like to start your own thread and list it as an option you certainly can.

I'm a little less harsh. I voted for no playoffs but I understand why Boone actually opts to fine offenders by withholding reimbursements. If a school that gates $$$ as well as SE were not allowed to participate in the playoffs BOB would be financially punishing themselves too.

Iceland, nice selfie you posted earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT