ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Albia vs. Waukon

Waukon is going to make a joke of this semifinal matchup. Hesse will is a BEAST and will put the team on his back. Waukon DOMINATES and walks away with a 49-6 victory!

Wow, from reading all this Albia should just not bother going to the dome since they have no chance. Appearently defeating 9 playoff teams in the 12 games a team has played means you are a walk over for Waukon. I know the Indians are the real deal but this is the semi final round. When I look at the numbers Waukon's defeated opponents won less than 50% of their games, While Albia's defeated opponents are above 50%. Maybe it's just me but I really think this will be a close game that could go either way! Maybe it will be a blowout, but I think if both teams play to their potential this will be the better of the 2A semifinals.

I'm of the viewpoint that if both teams play their best game, Waukon wins by 3+ TDs. If the same Waukon team shows up against Albia that showed up during the regular season against New Hampton, Albia has a good chance.

Interesting note about strength of schedule...
BC Moore shows Waukon had the 23rd ranked SOS, Albia had the 37th ranked SOS.

Here is a factor that I think that might favor Albia a bit, they have been at home through the whole playoffs, but the field there is not the best, normally way to long and vs Mepo sounds like it was a mess! The speed they have on turf indoors might be dangerous!

Just like the Waukon vs New Hampton game, Hesse and Weymiller are too much for a defense to handle. I think Waukon will win the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Albia will play them tough, but Waukon will roll into the finals. Waukon 31-13

Originally posted by Ritchie1988rebel:
Wow, from reading all this Albia should just not bother going to the dome since they have no chance. Appearently defeating 9 playoff teams in the 12 games a team has played means you are a walk over for Waukon. I know the Indians are the real deal but this is the semi final round. When I look at the numbers Waukon's defeated opponents won less than 50% of their games, While Albia's defeated opponents are above 50%. Maybe it's just me but I really think this will be a close game that could go either way! Maybe it will be a blowout, but I think if both teams play to their potential this will be the better of the 2A semifinals.

Easy, killer. These are just opinions.

I get that, and everyone is entitled to their own. Wasn't trying to be controversial, just believe The game will be closer than everyone thinks. It may not, as the Indians have a top 5 offense and defense. And to the comment earlier, the comment didn't say Waukon's strength of schedule wasn't better than Albia's. Just said the winning percentage of each teams DEFEATED opponents has a slight edge to Albia. Just sounds like everyone is expecting Waukon to have a stroll in the park on Saturday. I think it will be a good game. Not mad, just expressing my opinion. I could be wrong. God knows I make my share of bad choices. ;-)

I don't know much about Waukon besides looking at stats and reading what others who have seen them play say. In my opinion if Waukon can finish drives that Mepo couldn't then they should win by 15-20 points. I think Waukon's defense can hold down Albia's offense much in the same way Mepo did. I wasn't impressed with Albia except for them getting pressure on Mepo's QB, that said Mepo was able to run on Albia even without their bigger RB. I have to wonder how #45 from Albia is doing this week, he seemed to get pretty banged up vs Mepo. Not good for Albia if he's not 90-100%. However, if Albia's defense stiffens inside the 30 yard line like they vs Mepo it will be a much closer game and low scoring. In the end, I'll take Waukon by 13.

Are the semi-finals on TV this year?

Waukon's biggest challenger this year wore yellow. Especially at their first "big game", New Hampton. If they can avoid the dome jitters to keep the flags in the pockets, this is a win for Waukon. If not, it goes either way. I expect enough flags to keep it interesting, but Waukon pulls out a win.

ICU, I would agree, not having seen the game it appeared by reading that it could have gone either way, guess BC Moore is better than SOME think!

The game was dominated by Waukon, just 2 costly turnovers. Credit Albia for forcing them, but Waukon dominated,especially Weymiller and Hesse.

Agreed Waukon was much bigger and physical, but Albia had a 84 yard drive to take the lead at the half. Then had the ball with 2 minutes to go and had Albia scored and kicked the XP them they would be playing Friday. Not really domination.

I can't say enough good things about Albia. Kids played incredibly hard. Very well coached. They had a 1 play scoring drive on a reverse flea flicker and they had a punt return of about 60 yards which ended inside the Waukon 5 and the punt return doesn't happen if Waukon doesn't have a penalty on the previous punt. The punt return kept them in the game. Leshen a great athlete. Albia did a great job of holding Waukon late when the Indians were inside the 10 but Waukon's pass rush too much for them to do anything in the final two minutes. Albia played as hard as any team Waukon faced this year and this may help the Indians Friday against Kuemper.

Link for box score? Quikstatsiowa.com shows 319 rushing yards and 93 yards passing for Waukon. I watched it and in my opinion Waukon dominated despite the close score. Like I said Albia force 2 turnovers.

I was also told Waukon had 400 yards of offense to 190 for Albia, but not sure where we can get the official numbers.

Originally posted by MepoDawg#:
Link for box score? Quikstatsiowa.com shows 319 rushing yards and 93 yards passing for Waukon. I watched it and in my opinion Waukon dominated despite the close score. Like I said Albia force 2 turnovers.

Albia had less than half those yards. Quikstats has them with 204 total.

That said, Albia had the ball late in the 4th down by just one score. It can't be claimed that they were dominated.

Albia basically tries to play two platoon football from what I understand. You will not win a state title at the 2A level doing that.

I see Keeper has a good Qb. Could spell trouble for Waukon. Pass defense is not their strongsuit.

Anyone else say no domination, vote count 4-1, our bash all but Dawg say no domination, weird, I always want the team that beats me too look good:)

I am an Albia fan, and as for MEPODAWG I don't agree with any of his post about Albia. I really don't agree with any of his post when talking about BF, or any other team for that matter. It's impossible to give any team any credit for some reason.

It was also insulting to see people predicting this game would be a joke 49-6 etc.. Did they really expect Albia to lay down? Albia kids have a lot of pride. Look at how they have performed in lots of other sports not just football. Look at how they do in wrestling, football, track..

As for the game with Waukon, I think the better team (Waukon) won the game in the end. I was very impressed with Hessey, #34, #88. Also, their fans were very classy after the game. The turn overs i keep reading about were created by Albia. Leshen came from across the field, and stripped the ball. The other turn over was Hugen jumped a pass route and made a great play. Both these plays happened in the first quarter... Leshen, Hugen, and Shultz did what they could to keep Albia in the game. Leshen made a great play in the 4th quarter on a punt return to make it a one score game. Leshen had some very nice passes to move the ball. Albia's seniors did what they could. As far as the platooning Osing, Hugen, and Leshen played both ways. There were a lot sophomores doing what they could, but were up against a lot of talent. If you look at the three kids who made Albia's big plays they are all All State caliber. Games are not measured in total yds, they are measured by the score board. No matter how you analyze this it's 27-21. Albia played as hard as they could with what they had. Congrats to Waukon i was heart broken for those kids today.
This post was edited on 11/22 10:11 PM by universalnole

Guess you didn't read my posts then or can't comprehend the whole post. I gave credit to Albia for stopping Mepo when Mepo got down to the 30 on a lot of their possessions. I also gave credit to Albia for creating those TO's vs Waukon and keeping the score closer than what the game was being played. I also said props to both teams in the Mepo and BF game, said it was the best game I had seen in awhile. Yes, I may be a little bias in my posts, but I give my opinion and don't blast teams/coaches/schools like others do. If you don't like my opinion just skip it, but no need to post misrepresentations of my posts.

Dawg, you are right, we can skip it, but it appears people have grown tired of you, not just me, do everyone a favor and stop, have not seen you get any love from anyone, just give solid views, your stuff is just silly, the domination one was way over the top bud!

I'm not the one who keeps bringing old posts up. I'm sure everyone is wondering why you don't just let it go. Might want to take your own advise.

Good stuff, this post was pretty relative still buddy, these two teams played 7 days ago and Waukon more recent, just take a few minutes retread how people feel about your posts, do some self reflection, wonder why no other Mepo people have been backing you, and try a few posts that barely give props to people that play or best Mepo and then make silly little boy statements, best wishes in your personal quest fir an unbiased life

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT