ADVERTISEMENT

Perry Program

stickman80

Varsity
Feb 26, 2009
Saw an interesting read a couple days ago in the Register.

After making it to State for the first time and making a deep run all the way to the finals the Perry program seems to be sparking a lot of interest.

Seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon and they have 82 kids (including 2 foreign exchange students) in the system this year.

Could be they might even have an unexpected addition on their team. Was out looking on Quickstats at the track stats and one of their better athletes isn't appearing on their individual stats yet. Maybe he (or his dad) decided the best chance to make it to state yet in a team sport might be with the "other" football team?

Reactions: ghost80
82 kids, that's outstanding. Success breeds more interest and more success. It builds on itself.

I was hoping Drew Cook from Regina might consider joining the IC Regina soccer team as a goal keeper this season since they needed one. A 6'5" athlete would have been a great option. But, he's prepping for the Hawkeyes instead.

A similar thing happened at Solon this season as a couple of their football stars decided to join the soccer team this season. The sport continues to grow.

Originally posted by cidhawkeye:
Regina did well with 6'7" Lehman as a goalie a few years ago.
Yes, they did. And, he continues to play some great football for the UNI Panthers.

Re: Regina Program

Fixed it for you guys. Every thread on here seems to always end up about Regina (just like it used to be St Eds).

Sorry to comment on the thread Stick, I will back away for the Perry responses to come in.

No doubt Perry is going to be back at the State Tournament again. It'll be interesting to see who is in their sub-state.

82 kids out is just crazy! Then again, when a school has some success sometimes it just carries over to the next year.

On a side note, I see them as the team to beat in the Raccoon River Conference....yes, they'll beat ADM.

No doubt Perry is going to be back at the State Tournament again. It'll be interesting to see who is in their sub-state.

82 kids out is just crazy! Then again, when a school has some success sometimes it just carries over to the next year.

On a side note, I see them as the team to beat in the Raccoon River Conference....yes, they'll beat ADM.

Looks like ADM and Perry will matchup for the RRC title next week. Both are unbeaten in conference play and it's unlikely that the winner will stub their toe against another conference foe.

It appears ADM may have an offensive edge but Perry has been playing downright stingy defense. One goal (by either team) might win this one but these two could be playing again at state.

With the game being in Adel I'd call this one a tossup.

Reactions: mtdew_fever

Perry 4 DCG 0
Perry 1 ADM 0

This Perry team will be a hard out in the second season.

ADM is no slouch of a soccer team, but as a whole....the ADM sports program is taking a back seat to Perry in recent years.

Maybe ADM should go back to their weight program per below.

ADM is no slouch of a soccer team, but as a whole....the ADM sports program is taking a back seat to Perry in recent years.

Maybe ADM should go back to their weight program per below.

After watching the Perry soccer team destroy my Stangs, I know where their PROTEIN comes from and since it is also a great source of fiber it hate to be sharing (or cleaning up afterwards) a weight room after they have decided to EXPLODE into something.

Perry 2 Pella 1

The bluebirds continue to roll. Could be a highly anticipated rematch this year of last years state championship with Norwalk looming on the horizon. These Perry kids are for real.

ADVERTISEMENT