ADVERTISEMENT

Perry - conference change?

Sucks for Perry but a great opportunity for the Raccoon to up their game landing Gilbert and North Polk while ditching Perry.

The key was in the statement that "Perry has not been competitive in anything but soccer". Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why: A. Perry is competitive in soccer. AND B. Perry is dirt poor. There is only one reason for both situations.

Perry should fit in the HOI. That conference has become the Island of Misfits.

OIP.3nNmchxRtYBubmV3YcpEWQAAAA

Maybe it's for the best that they go but to traveled down to PCM will be a long trip for them. From what I hear Greene county and Nevada try to join the raccoon river with Gilbert and North polk got accepted but Greene county and Nevada got denied by member schools the only school that voted for Greene county and Nevada alone with North Polk and gilbert to get in was Carroll

Maybe it's for the best that they go but to traveled down to PCM will be a long trip for them. From what I hear Greene county and Nevada try to join the raccoon river with Gilbert and North polk got accepted but Greene county and Nevada got denied by member schools the only school that voted for Greene county and Nevada alone with North Polk and gilbert to get in was Carroll

Carroll is somewhat stuck out in the middle of nowhere. Geographically I can see why they wanted Greene county especially in. Nevada would even be an easier haul for them (Hwy 30 the whole way picking up 4 lane at Ogden) than some in the conference. Carroll to BF or Carlisle? Long haul.

Last edited:
Sucks for Perry but a great opportunity for the Raccoon to up their game landing Gilbert and North Polk while ditching Perry.

The key was in the statement that "Perry has not been competitive in anything but soccer". Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why: A. Perry is competitive in soccer. AND B. Perry is dirt poor. There is only one reason for both situations.

Perry should fit in the HOI. That conference has become the Island of Misfits.

OIP.3nNmchxRtYBubmV3YcpEWQAAAA
So...only poor schools are good at soccer? I don't follow your logic here

Didn't Perry win boys state basketball in the 90s or early 2000s as 2a. Granted that was 20 some years ago, but they had some success in their past.

Given the demographics, they would probably synch up more with a district like a Saydel in the HOI.

As a Perry resident there seems to be some diverse opinions in regard to this move. Some are very opposed and some are very supportive. Personally, I would prefer to stay in the Raccoon but can see the growing disparity, both economically and population wise, between Perry and other towns in the conference that will make it very hard for Perry to compete. Sure every now and then they will get a group of athletes who can make them competitive. They did win the conference in basketball only 4 years ago after all. But most years they will be sitting on the bottom of the conference. It is hard enough getting kids to go out for sports these days and it makes it vastly more difficult when they know they are going to lose a lot of games.

In the end I think it would be a good move for Perry moving to a conference where they can better compete. It will be tough for some initially to lose all the history but you can't ignore your present for the sake of your past. likely they will move to the HOI which I think would be a good fit.

Reactions: mylameusername
Maybe you would have understood my point if I wrote it in Spanish but sorry...where I live English is the first Language....not the second.
I am hoping you are just trolling here but either way I feel truly sad for you. Either you must be desperate for attention or just filled with hate. I honestly hope you can find some happiness in life, it must be miserable feeling like you have to tear others down to raise yourself up. I'll pray for you, and I mean that.

Reactions: Pinehawk
I am hoping you are just trolling here but either way I feel truly sad for you. Either you must be desperate for attention or just filled with hate. I honestly hope you can find some happiness in life, it must be miserable feeling like you have to tear others down to raise yourself up. I'll pray for you, and I mean that.

Stick is a DCG fan that seems to enjoy watching other schools lose. Sick and twisted for sure.

I think having Perry stay in the RRC is a good thing.

If the HOC were to take them in, not sure some of the smaller schools like South Hamilton, Roland Story and West Marshall would really like it.

I get it though. However, I think long term they can compete if they choose to put a little money into the feeder programs within their school district.

If the HOC were to take them in, not sure some of the smaller schools like South Hamilton, Roland Story and West Marshall would really like it.

I get it though. However, I think long term they can compete if they choose to put a little money into the feeder programs within their school district.

Sounds like what they need to be spending money on feeding is their mouths, not athletic feeder programs. Forget sports and if you choose to become a sanctuary city take care of spending your money on the basic needs of the people you decided to support instead of looking to everyone else for money to support them.

So one area where there is some actual growth happening right now is wrestling. Perry has a growing youth wrestling program going and is in the process of adding on a new wrestling room to the high school. They consistently send kids to the state tournament and often have one or two make deep runs, including a state champ just two years ago. But even with that, team success has been difficult because the numbers needed just are not there. This is the disadvantage poor school districts are always dealing with. I know of some great people who are working hard to establish youth football and basketball programs, but there is little interest out there from the majority of parents. I'm not saying it is not possible, but it is a massive uphill climb.

Don't pray for me. Maybe you and Dew should have a group prayer session for those misguided parents who aren't herding their kids into the feeder programs. Maybe those parents are the smart ones and have life experiences which have taught them that in the big picture ... sports aren't very important.

Says the guy posting on sports message board

Swing and a miss. I said their life experiences....not mine. But to be fair if I spend the day roofing, hanging sheetrock, or up to my shoulder in guts in a slaughterhouse...being involved in my kids sports (or doing the extras to make them competitive) would probably not be very important to me either.

You know Sammy, I'll be watching. We will see how many Perry fans come to support their team in the playoffs. I'll be watching both games Monday night and I'll bet there will be a lot more fans making the drive from ADM and NP to support their teams than make the drive from Perry.

If you want the kids to be interested, you need to support them even they win zero or few games.

Matter of fact....I'll even come and sit on the Perry side. At least there will be one person there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT