ADVERTISEMENT

One Waterloo High School

PNation

Varsity
Aug 15, 2010
He appears that Waterloo is looking to replace East and West High with one high school. I know that this is not just an athletics thing, but that has been mentioned as a reason in the past. Personally I don't see this bond passing, but it would make them probably the second largest high school in the state behind Valley.

I'm not sure I see how this helps them. I mean I get it, the East High building in particular may be a bit antiquated. And the entire city is getting killed with kids open enrolling out of the district. Just not sure that's the way to stop the proverbial bleeding.

I'm not sure I see how this helps them. I mean I get it, the East High building in particular may be a bit antiquated. And the entire city is getting killed with kids open enrolling out of the district. Just not sure that's the way to stop the proverbial bleeding.
Wonder if they did any kind of survey or know already if any of the open enrollments out would reconsider with the new building and one high school.

It could potentially improve athletic/activities and make competitive. Probably not Des Moines suburbs good but could compete better with rest of Eastern Iowa. It would also be cheaper to operate and provide more educational opportunities than the small schools that the students are open enrolling out. Small Schools = better behaved students but > educational opportunities (especially for higher end students regardless of what people perceive)

He appears that Waterloo is looking to replace East and West High with one high school. I know that this is not just an athletics thing, but that has been mentioned as a reason in the past. Personally I don't see this bond passing, but it would make them probably the second largest high school in the state behind Valley.

I believe the Superintendent said they could do it without having to have a bond vote or raise taxes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT