ADVERTISEMENT

Oh nos!

I understand a lot about Roman civilizations. All my college electives were ancient civilization. It’s been a hobby for 40 yrs and I’ve traveled to most key sites with guides.

Politics had nothing to with the fall of Rome. It was climate change due to the frequent global volcanic activity- eruptions of Iceland, Krakatoa , and a few others in 535-565 which was the greatest cluster series of volcanic eventsince the Yellowstone caldera.

The entire planet went through years of what amounted to a nuclear winter, famine , political chaos and bubonic plague . Almost an extinction level event. Most civilization fell into chaos. It was the great Reset. . . Most historians say 50% of the population of the northern hemisphere died. There is a great history Channel episode on the geopolitical changes.
Speaking of the History Channel....check out #5. There's a couple of others within their 8 reasons that can be tied back to government/politics.

Reactions: David_Dennison
Politics absolutely played a role in the downfall. You can do your own fvcking research, but to say it had "nothing to do with it" is patently false and borderline retarded.
You can be your insulting self…. You have your opinion … I prefer scientifically established facts that absolutely prove a global famine and plague related to the volcanic activity.

Ice layers and growth rings prove it. Then the plague arrived at a Roman port from Africa ivory trade. All attempts at government fell into chaos. EVERYWHERE- makes no difference about the system of government. In a famine wars are precipated by population movement to find food and better living conditions.

I know you consider yourself a know it all . But you can’t argue wit growth rings.

Well I take that back. You would.

It’s like gravity - it is not arguable- but most here will attach liberalism to it - and I love it!

The climate has been been changing drastically in cycles since the earth was formed. The 530-560 AD period was the most recent cataclysmic climatic event - and I personally don’t GAF if you believe it or not. It’s absolute.

You can be your insulting self…. You have your opinion … I prefer scientifically established facts that absolutely prove a global famine and plague related to the volcanic activity.

Ice layers and growth rings prove it. Then the plague arrived at a Roman port from Africa ivory trade. All attempts at government fell into chaos. EVERYWHERE- makes no difference about the system of government. In a famine wars are precipated by population movement to find food and better living conditions.

I know you consider yourself a know it all . But you can’t argue wit growth rings.

It’s like gravity - it is not arguable- but most here will attach liberalism to it - and I love it!

The climate has been been changing drastically in cycles since the earth was formed. The 530-560 AD period was the most recent cataclysmic climatic event - and I personally don’t GAF if you believe it or not. It’s absolute.
One of your most outlandish, dumbest trolls to date. Congrats.

I even provided a little link for you, you insufferable fvcktard. I didn't say that politics was the sole reason. I said it was A reason. That is indisputable in the eyes of virtually every fvcking historian since the fall of Rome itself. You remain a moron and can go fvck yourself.

Dammit boy, you have no shame at all do you ? Never been a bigger know it all on any board than you !

Yep.....only volcanoes brought down Rome...

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Bill, you’re mixing the players / stories up. This thread started with Finley running from the cops on a moped; then we morphed into Henry Ruggs driving his car At 150+mph into a woman early one morning and her car exploded and she burned to death (and her dog too).

Rugg’s trial starts in Sept I believe… Finley, OTOH will still be impersonating a QB at Auburn from the bench (hopefully). You’re welcome.
Thank you. But I still wonder about 150 mph. Did someone have radar on that? how can you “believe” somebody burned up it looks like they either would or wouldn’t have burned up.

Politics absolutely played a role in the downfall. You can do your own fvcking research, but to say it had "nothing to do with it" is patently false and borderline retarded.
It was political as much as anything though the westward migration of peoples caused by the eruption of the Tartars and Mongols out of Central Asia helped. But the biggest thing was considered the growth in distance of communication. No empire has stood the test of being more than one month or something like that in communication from its borders. They coukd no longer react to problems in time to prevent the worst ones. The Empires who tried became stretched too thin and failed.

Thank you. But I still wonder about 150 mph. Did someone have radar on that? how can you “believe” somebody burned up it looks like they either would or wouldn’t have burned up.
There were literally witnesses on the scene trying to get her out as she was screaming, but the car was mangled enough where they couldn't get her. She burned to death. They estimated his speed from video captured of his car just before the accident.

Last edited:
It was political as much as anything though the westward migration of peoples caused by the eruption of the Tartars and Mongols out of Central Asia helped. But the biggest thing was considered the growth in distance of communication. No empire has stood the test of being more than one month or something like that in communication from its borders. They coukd no longer react to problems in time to prevent the worst ones. The Empires who tried became stretched too thin and failed.
Which is basically a border issue. Sounds oddly familiar.

The cops can tell based on a number of factors...like the "dent" in the asphalt or cement.

Also, if it wasn't lost in the fire, the cars computer will tell you.

She definitely burned. The question is was she alive.

Edit..didn't know about the witnesses. That confirms it.

I cringe just thinking about that.

There was a similar incident on 459 in Birmingham a few years ago. Guy going northbound veered off the road, I think just before I-20 and ended up in the trees and his SUV caught fire. Multiple people tried to help him but couldn’t get him loose before the car was engulfed by the fire. I remember reading the story and seeing where it occurred and being bothered by it for a few days. Can’t imagine the stuff LEOs and EMS have to see routinely.

Speaking of the History Channel....check out #5. There's a couple of others within their 8 reasons that can be tied back to government/politics.

Not disagreeing with you bro… doesn’t matter how efficient the government was… global cataclysm, famine and plague wiped out all densely populated areas.
The Mayans abandoned cities around the same time frame. Near agricultural failure nearly wiped us out. Bad century.

Almost as bad with Black Death in 1300-1400.

Which is basically a border issue. Sounds oddly familiar.
When I was writing this I was thinking I had written something familiar once before. i believe they actually split the Roman Empire into 2 parts once because they considered it too unwieldy to handle which iis what communication is about.

The cops can tell based on a number of factors...like the "dent" in the asphalt or cement.

Also, if it wasn't lost in the fire, the cars computer will tell you.

She definitely burned. The question is was she alive.

Edit..didn't know about the witnesses. That confirms it.
Thanks.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
When I was writing this I was thinking I had written something familiar once before. i believe they actually split the Roman Empire into 2 parts once because they considered it too unwieldy to handle which iis what communication is about.
Eastern / Byzantine. Eastern collapsed after famine and plague in Rome.

Eastern / Byzantine. Eastern collapsed after famine and plague in Rome.
Actually the Turks and Arabs had more to do with their collapse than that. The pressure by the Goths being driven out of Central Asia into Europe caused the collapse of the western part of the Roman Empire..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT