ADVERTISEMENT

Offseason and 2020-21

super_tecmo_bowl

Freshman
Apr 28, 2005
Will Iowa schools reopen or call it a year? Only six weeks remaining when the four-week closure is up.
Likely no spring sports.
Are the baseball and softball seasons a go?
Is summer practices/workouts for football and basketball not allowed?
Will schools be back in session in late August?
Will there be a 2020 football season?
Will there be a 2020-21 basketball season?

All crazy questions that have some merit.

I am betting schools open back up at the end of the four week closure. Might not be the best medical choice, but I see the political forces pushing back against the economic damage. (That's just a guess, but we will see.)

I am betting limited spring sports takes place. Again, exhaustion from the physical distancing overwhelming differing medical advise.

Reactions: Pinehawk
I'm thinking schools are done for the year with only about a month left of school after the recommended closure is over. I would guess that we aren't going to see any spring sports this year but hopefully this is all coming to end by the time baseball and softball roll around and hopefully for sure by the time fall sports will begin.

The virus is not affecting young people at even close to the rate of older, susceptible populations.
It would be good our state and nation to regain some semblance of normal as soon as safely possible.
Allowing kids to finish out school and to salvage some of the spring sports seasons would help heal in a lot of ways.

Reactions: Reasoned
The virus isn’t effecting them as much but they can all still carry it. They could get it and bring it home to their families.

The virus isn’t effecting them as much but they can all still carry it. They could get it and bring it home to their families.

In a couple weeks it seems likely restrictions will be lifted for restaurants, office work will start to resume and more.
School and activities should follow suit, with vulnerable populations taking extra precautions as needed.

I will be surprised if schools reopen this year in Iowa. Track and golf are pretty much done and who knows on summer sports. This is only gonna get worse.

How long this all lasts is going to depend on the next two weeks. If people stay home or avoid each other in public, school will probably resume, but imo that’s extremely unlikely so I don’t think we’ll see school again this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT