ADVERTISEMENT

Official schedules out

Zeek86

Freshman
Jan 17, 2003
It appears that the IHSAA has unofficially used the 4A success criteria when making non district schedules. At quick glance, many traditional powers have brutally tough non-district schedules. It looks like they took the teams that can’t get opponents to agree to list them and have just paired them up to play. Is the goal to have great games in September? An intended or unintended consequence will be top teams missing the playoffs if they lose one district game. With the RPI...all games are essentially district games.

Agree to this 100%. I've already talked to a couple of head coaches that have non district teams that they never put on their lists, and its good vs good and poor vs poor. The IHSAA might not admit it but they had to have used the same model for A-3A that they used for 4A

Looking at all the teams in Class A and South Winneshiek might have the most brutal nondistrict schedule.
(Solid Class 2A North Fayette Valley, State Semifinalist St. Ansgar, State Champion West Hancock)

Reactions: Onthefarm
Looking at all the teams in Class A and South Winneshiek might have the most brutal nondistrict schedule.
(Solid Class 2A North Fayette Valley, State Semifinalist St. Ansgar, State Champion West Hancock)
Definitely not a easy schedule. One thing I’m interested to see is the actually game films on these match ups because south Winn chucks it and all 3 of these teams have never been able to defend the pass. South winns time of possession in these games I think will be low but lots of points

Reactions: falconfanx3
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT