1 1 Western Christian 0.498
8 13 South Hamilton 0.010
4 7 Cascade W Dubuque 0.021
5 4 Camanche 0.083
2 3 Pella Christian 0.179
7 16 Van Meter 0.006
3 2 Carroll Kuemper 0.186
6 10 Garner GHV 0.019

Western with almost 50% odds of winning! Much higher than I would have expected. I would not have given them those odds at all. Surprised PC and Kuemper are not closer.

43 previous comments and barely a mention of the Wolfpack. Coaching change wont matter. "Lack of size" wont matter. Spoiler alert: Western Christian wins 2A. Again...

Just looking at BCMoore's state tournament championship probabilities;

1 1 Western Christian 0.498
8 13 South Hamilton 0.010
4 7 Cascade W Dubuque 0.021
5 4 Camanche 0.083
2 3 Pella Christian 0.179
7 16 Van Meter 0.006
3 2 Carroll Kuemper 0.186
6 10 Garner GHV 0.019

Western with almost 50% odds of winning! Much higher than I would have expected. I would not have given them those odds at all. Surprised PC and Kuemper are not closer.
I think Western is the favorite, but I wouldn't take them against the field.
Best chance to reach the finals? yes, then a coin toss after that.

big kid for KC will dominate
Seen a lot of times where it's easier to pack it in @ the state tourney to limit touches by the post. Seems like the 3 goes away for a lot of teams playing in the Well & tight zones are effective. Kuemper's guards will need to be on to prevent it.

Question: Has any school ever won titles in volleyball, football, and both girls & boys basketball in the same school year? Western is one title away from it.

big kid for KC will dominate
Should the title game come down to Western and Kuemper it will be an interesting match up. Western has faced 6'10 and 6'11 centers already this year and effectively shut them down with physical face guarding and double teams. It is very entertaining watching 6'1 Granstra body up a big man and frustrate them into foul trouble. Western has had more issues with guard heavy teams than they have with dominant big men.

Question: Has any school ever won titles in volleyball, football, and both girls & boys basketball in the same school year? Western is one title away from it.

Don't want to start the pissing match that will begin with this, but has to be said, it might be time to add a multiplier for private schools.

If the same multiplier was used in Iowa as they use in Illinois, PC would still be 2A. They are a borderline 1A/2A school. In fact they are 1A in football currently.

I don't know for sure, but I'd guess the same can be said for WC and Unity.

As stated before, a strict multiplier for private/parochial schools may help in some situations, but it is too simplistic to solve all the factors that contribute to the current situation.

Should the title game come down to Western and Kuemper it will be an interesting match up. Western has faced 6'10 and 6'11 centers already this year and effectively shut them down with physical face guarding and double teams. It is very entertaining watching 6'1 Granstra body up a big man and frustrate them into foul trouble. Western has had more issues with guard heavy teams than they have with dominant big men.
KC has sound surrounding parts too .. WC has faced some big men , but none even close to the talent of Dettlinger. Be a great game but I just think KC will beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT