ADVERTISEMENT

NYT buries their own reporting...

derek_tiger

Freshman
Dec 20, 2009
Simply. Amazing.

“Long-Concealed Records Show Trump’s Chronic Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance,” it claimed that a billionaire who became president of the United States had “paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.”

Unfortunately for the no-doubt rapidly diminishing number of Americans who actually believe The Times can be trusted, that sentence set a tone of bias and outright dishonesty that the article itself admits in a disguised fact check a long 77 paragraphs later.

Trump did pay millions in taxes those years: $1 million in 2016; $4.2 million in 2017. :eek:

Federalist Papers

Simply. Amazing.

“Long-Concealed Records Show Trump’s Chronic Losses and Years of Tax Avoidance,” it claimed that a billionaire who became president of the United States had “paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.”

Unfortunately for the no-doubt rapidly diminishing number of Americans who actually believe The Times can be trusted, that sentence set a tone of bias and outright dishonesty that the article itself admits in a disguised fact check a long 77 paragraphs later.

Trump did pay millions in taxes those years: $1 million in 2016; $4.2 million in 2017. :eek:

Federalist Papers
I wish he would just release them and get it over with. Why do you think he won’t do it? I would have done it long ago to drive the message myself rather than play defense.

PS. We already know what BG will say to this question. Interested in what the rest of you think.

I wish he would just release them and get it over with. Why do you think he won’t do it? I would have done it long ago to drive the message myself rather than play defense.

PS. We already know what BG will say to this question. Interested in what the rest of you think.

Again, we ALL submit tax returns every year to the IRS. I am sure the IRS will alert Trump and anybody else if their taxes do not add up. Just ask Willie Nelson, Wesley Snipes, Leona Hemsley, Daryl Strawberry, Martha Stewart, etc. etc. etc......

Last edited:
Again, we ALL submit tax returns every year to the IRS. I am sure the IRS will alert Trump and anybody else if their taxes do not add up. Just ask Willie Nelson, Wesley Snipes, Leon Hemsley, Daryl Strawberry, Martha Stewart, etc. etc. etc......
That just tells me there’s nothing illegal. I’m confident the IRS would jump all over him if there was.

Reactions: Sanctions Stand
That just tells me there’s nothing illegal. I’m confident the IRS would jump all over him if there was.

Exactly and Trump was completely correct when he said if you give me tax write-offs I will take them just like you and I would take them. Many tax write-offs are there to motivate development and move resources. What the hell is wrong with that?

They claim Trump only paid $750 in taxes one year just to stir people up. Cheat on taxes but give up a presidential salary every year? Does that even make sense?

Trump.. businessman and negotiator

Biden... 47 year do-nothing, blame game politician

nothing has changed

Last edited:
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq

^^^snake in the grass^^^

Again, we ALL submit tax returns every year to the IRS. I am sure the IRS will alert Trump and anybody else if their taxes do not add up. Just ask Willie Nelson, Wesley Snipes, Leona Hemsley, Daryl Strawberry, Martha Stewart, etc. etc. etc......
Not if the IRS staff and prosecutors works for the violater. You’ve got to be shitting me!! They would be fired or Clintoned. Like the trail of tears who have left his Cabinet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT