ADVERTISEMENT

Now U of Iowa

Bill_D

Varsity
Jun 26, 2001

Gambling running rampant. The probable worst thing for college sports is to have athletes and coaches tied into gambling.

Last edited:
I would say that coaches condoning and covering up rapist football players is probably worse that gamblers. Wouldn't you Bill?
Well, that’s really bad but basically affects the school where it happens. Betting and gambling by coaches and plsyers and modifying the result of a contest taints all the schools because it is so easy to accomplish and hide.

Damn, 26 players from Iowa alone under investigation across 3 sports..... I guess they said phuck NIL
The latest I heard on the AL baseball thing makes it really look stupid. The SEC pays a monitoring service to monitor bets on SEC events and report any suspicious activity on betting. These people have 3 servers that pretty well monitor every legal bets made on an SEC event.

The bet as I understand was made on game one which usually has the 2 best pitchers going for each team. Shortly before th game started they decide to pull the AL pitcher. The AL coach then had his HS coach in Ohio make two very large bets on the game. The computers in Las Vegas picked up the wagers, and labeled them “suspicious“. There had been only 2 other bets made on the game in Ohio and for a small amount so these large bets stood out like a sore thumb. The SEC said tag them and investigate. I suppose the guy thought making the bets so far away it would never be traced to him

This was a case of a coach having information that was not public That could influence outcome of wagering.

I didn't realize that we were discussing gambling. I failed at reading. Usually it's math but not this time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT