ADVERTISEMENT

Now for REAL football discussions:

Iron Doc

All Conference
Nov 5, 2005
May the Out There commentary and general spam comments descend into The Abyss.
Speak up why your team is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
While we lost a LOT of Fearsome Eagle Beasts, look for the returning Beasts to be solid this year. Reloading, you know.

A team very similar to West Hancock. Constantly reloading and maintaining success. Reached the post season for 12 straight years -granted a few of those years they wouldn't have made it if only 16 teams qualified- before missing the playoffs in 2018. I think they were ranked at 17 in the final RPI rankings that year. One championship in that time frame. Semi finals 3 of the last 4 years. District champs 5 of the last 6. I wouldn't say they are the best thing since sliced bread, but they are constantly replacing quality players while rarely dropping far.

But, history means nothing for the upcoming season. Will be interesting to see how they replace the leading rusher from last year.

I am very much looking forward to football season. Only a few short weeks away.

Not really interested in researching this. Why make people guess what team you are talking about?

Top teams in class A this year?

Regina has to be at the top with what they all bring back. Grundy Center has a very talented qb/rb combo leading their team. St Ansgar always seems to reload as well as West Hancock. Wapsie Valley have a good shot at making the dome?

Anyone have a top 10 they care to put together?

Tri-Center fan/dad of a player here. St Albert is the game of the year for us. I don't see TC or SA losing to anyone else in the district. TC's strength will be it's defense. The Defense will be stacked with, I think 9 seniors and 2 juniors. The 2 juniors were starters last season. Offense will be interesting to watch as a lot of moving pieces from last year. Without Freeberg at QB and lack of 7on7 during the summer, I don't think you will see as many passing plays as in the past 2 seasons.

The 2 non-district games TC kept are IKM and Underwood. Both tough games and will tell me a lot more about how the season will go.

Excited to get things going. Scrimmage with Treynor is only 10 days away.

Wapsie Valley will be a very fast team. Ethan Oltrogge, arguably one of fastest kids on the team, is back after being out last year with shoulder surgery. Trevor Sauerbrei missed the last three games last year with a high ankle sprain. Very senior dominate team. Skill position players will be three year starters this year - QB, RB, WR, DBs. Big question mark will be line. But it may come down to who is able to field a team at the end of the season. The quarantine rules are pretty ridiculous, so I suspect even if complete teams aren't required to quarantine at some point, I would expect that at least some key individuals may miss a couple of weeks even if they don't end up getting anything, just by being exposed to those who have tested positive. May be one of those years where the depth of play determines a lot. Good luck all! Its going to be a very interesting year! Nonetheless, I feel the itch!

@LukeFeddersen Please clean the spam off the board if you are still with us.
You’re our only hope. It’s out of control.

I've ignored and reported all of the accounts that have been posting the crap. Once the profile is ignored all the threads they created are gone from my feed.

To do this, click on their avatar image and a box should pop up with an ignore option that can be clicked.

Reactions: Sev393 and Pinehawk
I will try that. Unfortunately, there will just be a new account pop up before long.
Apparently this kind of spam bot posting happens probably more that we previously realized.

I will try that. Unfortunately, there will just be a new account pop up before long.
Apparently this kind of spam bot posting happens probably more that we previously realized.

Hard to say if once an account is banned if the threads they create disappear. That may be part of the issue. The account gets banned but their spam threads still cover the feed.

At least ignoring is an easy process.

Hard to say if once an account is banned if the threads they create disappear. That may be part of the issue. The account gets banned but their spam threads still cover the feed.

At least ignoring is an easy process.

I tried ignoring those posters and it helps a lot. Cleans the board up well. Thanks.

Thanks for the Ignore function tip.

In unrelated news, the CFL cancelled it's season.
:(

Iron Doc was too old & decrepit to make it to the Fearsome Eagle Beast vs. Algona scrimmage tonight. Anyone have any highlights?

Iron Doc was too old & decrepit to make it to the Fearsome Eagle Beast vs. Algona scrimmage tonight. Anyone have any highlights?
Doc,
This team certainly is physical, did we lose a lot due to graduation, absolutely. Cole Kelly is an absolute freak. Algona wanted NOTHING to do with trying to tackle him. Algona has some big big dudes, but when Coach Sanger rolls Kelly and Thompson out, its not even fair, This is gonna be a fun team to watch. Friday night against garner will be our real test to see how this team stacks up to years past.

Doc,
This team certainly is physical, did we lose a lot due to graduation, absolutely. Cole Kelly is an absolute freak. Algona wanted NOTHING to do with trying to tackle him. Algona has some big big dudes, but when Coach Sanger rolls Kelly and Thompson out, its not even fair, This is gonna be a fun team to watch. Friday night against garner will be our real test to see how this team stacks up to years past.
Thanks! Iron Doc is glad to hear this.

Anyone from the IKM-MANNING area? Rumors are swirling that Amos Rasmussen is out for the season after a baseball injury. All of the area pre-season rankings and projections still list him. That would be a huge loss for them.

Does anyone know what schools plan on doing for COVID during games for spectators? Will it be a state wide this is what you have to do? Will it be up to the schools?

Does anyone know what schools plan on doing for COVID during games for spectators? Will it be a state wide this is what you have to do? Will it be up to the schools?
I think it is up to the individual districts, the way it should be.
I don't remember which school I read about, but they will be requiring everyone in attendance to wear a mask. In sure they arent the only ones

For baseball this summer, my hometown had the bleachers roped off. I don't think they required masks but spectators were only supposed to sit by people in their household. I imagine football will be similar aside from the bleachers aspect. The bleachers in my hometown are massive for a class a school so spectators will be able to distance even if in the stands.

I know they didnt have the confession stand open for baseball don't know what the plans are for football for concessions. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no concessions.

I think it is up to the individual districts, the way it should be.
I don't remember which school I read about, but they will be requiring everyone in attendance to wear a mask. In sure they arent the only ones

For baseball this summer, my hometown had the bleachers roped off. I don't think they required masks but spectators were only supposed to sit by people in their household. I imagine football will be similar aside from the bleachers aspect. The bleachers in my hometown are massive for a class a school so spectators will be able to distance even if in the stands.

I know they didnt have the confession stand open for baseball don't know what the plans are for football for concessions. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no concessions.

‘confession stand‘ must be a private school lol

I always wait until the end of the 3rd quarter. The confessions get discounted a bunch to clear the sins out. I can get a lot of stuff for a lot less.....

Reactions: Pinehawk
Sounds like Regina is looking for a game on friday due to COVID now. I was looking forward to attending that game. Any other match ups that might be good in week 1?

Should be a good game. That will be a tough challenge for sure. Pleasant Valley beat City High pretty badly last year.

Britt/Kanawha/Hutchins vs. Garner/Hayfield/Ventura/Duncan this Friday night.
SKOL FEARSOME EAGLE BEASTS!!!!!

Should be a good game. That will be a tough challenge for sure. Pleasant Valley beat City High pretty badly last year.
Not knowing anything about Regina, I’ve seen PV play over the years and this team has decent size, experienced skill positions and is possibly the best team on the east side of IA this year (I believe the rankings overlooked them). Good luck to you, it will certainly be a tough first game.

You can't say Regina is afraid to challenge themselves or potentially take a loss, having played Xavier, Solon and now PV in recent years. But, this year especially, as Coach Cook said, you just want the kids to play.
Even having some football is better than having no football. So, we should appreciate each week's games as best we can.

"Cook is fully aware that his team will face a monumental challenge on Friday against a much bigger school, but he appreciates the opportunity to compete and to have life feel normal on a Friday night.

“It’s just that I want our kids to play,” said Cook, who is entering his 14th season as the Regina head coach. “You just don’t know what the future holds. Kind of our mindset has been every day that the state allows us to go out and play football and have fun doing it, we’re going to try and take advantage of it."

https://yourprepsports.com/2020/08/...-4a-pleasant-valley-in-fridays-season-opener/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT