ADVERTISEMENT

Nothing to see here, right?

Yeah Beck was talking about this on his program this morning, apparently this Marxist idea was hatched by the progressive Democrats (redundant I know) with assistance from Amalgamated Bank….who are they you ask, well they are in with the Marxist SEIU clowns and get this statement of “who we are” on the Amalgamated Bank website:
“The bank for change-makers”
We're the bank for people who care what their money does in the world. When you deposit your money at Amalgamated, it supports sustainable organizations, progressive causes, and social justice. We are committed to environmental and social responsibility. We're net-zero and powered by 100% renewable energy, and we have a long, proud history of providing affordable access to the banking system, supporting immigrants and affordable housing, and being a champion of workers' rights.

Yeah Beck was talking about this on his program this morning, apparently this Marxist idea was hatched by the progressive Democrats (redundant I know) with assistance from Amalgamated Bank….who are they you ask, well they are in with the Marxist SEIU clowns and get this statement of “who we are” on the Amalgamated Bank website:
“The bank for change-makers”
We're the bank for people who care what their money does in the world. When you deposit your money at Amalgamated, it supports sustainable organizations, progressive causes, and social justice. We are committed to environmental and social responsibility. We're net-zero and powered by 100% renewable energy, and we have a long, proud history of providing affordable access to the banking system, supporting immigrants and affordable housing, and being a champion of workers' rights.
Sounds great right? Until you see the consequences of that feelgoodism policy.

Can you buy from a dealer in cash? Never tried because I’m typically not carry $500-1,000, but I’ll start if you can…

Then I will… not really looking for one right now, but never know when one will jump out…

If you plan it, and I'd recommend that, you plop down cash at time of purchase.

On the planning side, many ranges, especially indoor ranges, can arrange for you to "rent" a specific gun so that you can test fire it before making a decision on one gun or another.

The "right gun" is more dependent on the user than most things in my experience. Hand size, your specific grip, your intended use and your ability as a shooter. The perfect gun for me may well be a POS for you so test firing is a GREAT idea imho.

BamaFan1137, to thumb or not to thumb for a future Park Ranger daughter. Her TX22 has a thumb, safety that is. She's shot 9's with and without, mostly without. 1911 45 we've only had out once since I got it.

I'm personally not a fan. My safety is my finger. It's indexed away from the trigger until I'm ready to fire. OTOH I spend a lot of time on my trigger so what's right for me isn't right for everyone.

If you plan it, and I'd recommend that, you plop down cash at time of purchase.

On the planning side, many ranges, especially indoor ranges, can arrange for you to "rent" a specific gun so that you can test fire it before making a decision on one gun or another.

The "right gun" is more dependent on the user than most things in my experience. Hand size, your specific grip, your intended use and your ability as a shooter. The perfect gun for me may well be a POS for you so test firing is a GREAT idea imho.
Is there a particular city, neighborhood, or government building you'd recommend for these "test fires"?

• Wow
Reactions: BamaFan1137
So no thumb, I have a G17 gen 3, her BF has a gen4 and had a 43x maybe. I have a 3.25" 9mm than she doesn't like, she doesn't care for the 43x, I think the extra 1.25" of barrel reduces the muzzle blast alot. I'm thinking I'll get a S&W 4.25" since I've never had one, break it in, if she likes it let her have it, if I like it then get myself a 4.6" 10mm with optic and have another option for deer hunting, with thumb safety.

So no thumb, I have a G17 gen 3, her BF has a gen4 and had a 43x maybe. I have a 3.25" 9mm than she doesn't like, she doesn't care for the 43x, I think the extra 1.25" of barrel reduces the muzzle blast alot. I'm thinking I'll get a S&W 4.25" since I've never had one, break it in, if she likes it let her have it, if I like it then get myself a 4.6" 10mm with optic and have another option for deer hunting, with thumb safety.
Have you tried a S & W Shield ? I have 3 and love them, super accurate . you can get with or without safety . Mine are 40's . great for cc or keep in auto. have one in my wife's car and I carry one too . I also carry a N.A . 22 Mag pocket pistol in front pocket .

Last edited:

It's tough to beat a G17. I love Glocks but I carry a Sig P320 X-Full on duty and the P320 X-Carry off duty. They're exactly the same gun save a shorter barrel (4.7 and 3.9) for conceal carry.

Shorter barrels can make a gun more snappy but that's more about balance than anything else. A well balanced gun is less snappy regardless of barrel length.

Also, for certain guns you can install a "gas pedal" in place of the standard take down lever that really helps and it improves follow up shooting. Love this actually.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Start a new job next week with FB&D out of AR, but still doing basically job working in Cedar Rapids so I have all Friday's off so will make a run to Skunkriverarms next week after making a cash withdraw and only buying one handgun a day so it doesn't flag the ATF or whoever. I see the X-full comes with night sights and local sporting good store has them for $600. Buds cheapest 320 is $450 so worth the extra to get the night sights. I like the longer barrel too. Oh and they make a 10mm version that is also optic ready.

I had a 380ez for a little while, bought on whim, then traded it in a Springfield loaded 1911. I have a taurus 9mm that I carry so don't need another daily carry gun. If she doesn't take the 9, it will just be a range toy and I like my toys with longer barrels cause I think it's easier to hit what I'm aiming at. And the fact that the X-Full is optic ready is a nice plus too.

I grew up in a house basically without guns. My mom had a .22 pistol that most intruders would've just laughed at, and my dad never owned a gun as far as I know. I might as well be reading greek in these threads. I got that annoying golf gene, but the gun one wasn't passed down to me I suppose.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I grew up in a house basically without guns. My mom had a .22 pistol that most intruders would've just laughed at, and my dad never owned a gun as far as I know. I might as well be reading greek in these threads. I got that annoying golf gene, but the gun one wasn't passed down to me I suppose.

Conversely I enjoy golf but I suck out loud playing it. It's really the only sport that I've attempted that I couldn't at least be decent at.

I've accepted as much and now it's more about walking through beautiful scenery, drinking a few beers while swinging a stick at a white ball approximately 90 times.

I might be lying about 90 ftr.

Conversely I enjoy golf but I suck out loud playing it. It's really the only sport that I've attempted that I couldn't at least be decent at.

I've accepted as much and now it's more about walking through beautiful scenery, drinking a few beers while swinging a stick at a white ball approximately 90 times.

I might be lying about 90 ftr.
I just volunteer to drive the cart and help procure refreshments. Which really means drinking beer and talking to the hot young beer girls. Better than whacking a white ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT