ADVERTISEMENT

Next year

Sep 8, 2020
Thoughts on next year with new classes and districts? Regina folks i know you graduate every skill position but being back every meaningful piece inside. Gaffey and Udell have been beyond impressive. Assume Marv is gone but that coaching staff is way beyond what he brings. Will be an interesting off season.

Will be interesting for sure. IAHSAA had said that this was a 1-year district and they'd re-align after this season, but I'm wondering if they might keep everything the same and run it as a 2-year cycle (like usual) because of covid and the fact that things went pretty good this year.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Iowa HS Athletic Association DOES NOT make any changes and keeps all districts and non-district games the same for another season.

Thoughts on that?

When will they start this process? Hopefully sooner than they have the last couple of cycles!!

Last edited:
Will be interesting for sure. IAHSAA had said that this was a 1-year district and they'd re-align after this season, but I'm wondering if they might keep everything the same and run it as a 2-year cycle (like usual) because of covid and the fact that things went pretty good this year.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Iowa HS Athletic Association DOES NOT make any changes and keeps all districts and non-district games the same for another season.

Thoughts on that?

When will they start this process? Hopefully sooner than they have the last couple of cycles!!
Pretty sure this is a 1 year thing as meetings are already sched for reclassification and such in December. I honestly think you will see another class added more than likely a 5 A as a huge difference in enrollment between the smallest 4A and the largest 3A. One thing I do think will stay the same is the 8 game sched but instead of letting everyone in the post season they go back to 32 teams. The state made a ton of money off football this fall allowing everyone in the playoffs and for the most part no major complaints. And for those that complain to many blowouts in the first round of playoffs when you let everyone in, just look at the blowouts in the semi finals it doesnt happen just in rod 1.

Reactions: IGo42
Thoughts on next year with new classes and districts? Regina folks i know you graduate every skill position but being back every meaningful piece inside. Gaffey and Udell have been beyond impressive. Assume Marv is gone but that coaching staff is way beyond what he brings. Will be an interesting off season.

Doug and Wendy Vincent leaving is a huge loss as well. The unsung hero of the program.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Who stays in class A? Who goes up, and who goes down to 8-man? Any 8-man teams coming up to A?

From eastern Iowa I've heard that EdCo will drop to 8-man and that MFL, Postville and North Linn may have numbers high enough to bump them up to 1A. Not sure on their BEDs numbers, just word on the street, could be false...

Just really want to keep the junk off my screen. Thoughts on next year since CID started the exact same thread?

No kidding.... calling @lukefedderson ----- I understand this isn't a paid forum but many people who do pay to use this website frequent the forums more than the "articles" posted. Not that 1 person's sub matters but mine has been cancelled until something is done about the spam. Have to block 10+ fresh accounts every time I'm on here.

I'm also trying to figure out how to cancel. I can't seem to find it.
It took me awhile to find it, however I still have access so it may not have worked. I’ll see if I can find it and post how to. I did get an email verifying, wonder if I have access until my monthly subscription is up.

It took me awhile to find it, however I still have access so it may not have worked. I’ll see if I can find it and post how to. I did get an email verifying, wonder if I have access until my monthly subscription is up.
Thanks for the steps. It told me it would end at the billing cycle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT