ADVERTISEMENT

MVC Baseball

MVCR

Freshman
Feb 17, 2012
Prairie, Linn-Mar, Xavier, Iowa City West, City High should be the cream of the crop this year when you look on paper.. any thoughts?

I think the Hempstead team may surprise a few people. If they can hit like they are capable of, they have a lot of pitching depth, which may make them a team that surprises.

I agree, Hempstead's best pitcher returns. RH Chris Tomkins. His class (Jr) is loaded with potential. At least 4 leftys and one strong RH also. Potential is the key word. If most of them continue to develop they might not need to hit that well.

Another observation about the MVC. IC West and IC High look like a clear 1-2 in the Mississippi side despite my remark about Hempstead's potential. They both were strong last year and return a lot. The Valley side of the MVC is interesting. 6 of the 7 Valley teams return a ton of starters and pitchers according to QuikStats. With so many teams returning a lot of players it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I don't see hempstead being much better than last year. Lost 4 out of top 5 hitters and their pitching stats from last year can only be described as miserable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT