ADVERTISEMENT

Meets and weather

SSG T

All American
Jul 10, 2002
Have any of you been able to get more than 1 or 2 meets in yet?

My daughter has run in one girls meet and one coed, my son has just had one coed meet. And they've already cancelled their meet on Monday.

Some of the eastern teams have gotten 3 meets in. But, usually in pretty bad weather.

Drake relays are going to be an experience this year as in invites will be based upon such a limitted sample size.

We have had one outdoor meet. Lots of teams in NE Iowa and North Central Iowa have only had one or no outdoor meets at this point. Southern Iowa, SW Iowa have had better luck. Also, some teams have went searching for meets and have gotten and extra meet or two by seeking out meets on nicer (not horrible) days. Looking like things might take a turn toward spring toward the end of the week and heading into nextt week. I think most schools are in the same boat.

Very odd start to the season. It will be interesting how the weather will affect the overall times across the state.
We have had one outdoor meet. Lots of teams in NE Iowa and North Central Iowa have only had one or no outdoor meets at this point. Southern Iowa, SW Iowa have had better luck. Also, some teams have went searching for meets and have gotten and extra meet or two by seeking out meets on nicer (not horrible) days. Looking like things might take a turn toward spring toward the end of the week and heading into nextt week. I think most schools are in the same boat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT