ADVERTISEMENT

Media timeouts

super_tecmo_bowl

Freshman
Apr 28, 2005
Tweet by Jeff Linder - CR Gazette:

Boys state basketball TV timeouts per game: 8.
Girls state basketball TV timeouts per game: 0.

Which do you suppose allowed better flow to games?

How much sponsorship money is the IH$AA raking in from Virtual Campus, Farm Bureau, Hy-Vee, and Buena Vista University?

Even the additional media timeouts are not enough they also need to make sure we know all about protein from Iowa Beef while the game is actually happening. Really shows where the focus of things are when you minimize the action so you can fit more ads into the production. We shouldn't be surprised though, the boys tournament has always spent more time catering to their sponsors than the girls. You can see that even on the scoreboard during games where the girls will put stats and the boys will put sponsors. Of course, a lot of this stems from them selling out the broadcast rights to IHSSN in the first place. What a horrible decision that was. At least the western half of the state can watch this year at least!

In last night's first 1A semi-final a MSTM player was shooting two free throws. He hit the first, then a media timeout was called. I have never seen that at any level of basketball. Either the media person or the officials handled it very poorly. The player came back and hit the 2nd FT, but still it looked horrible and disrupted play.

I can only imagine the same scenario happening in a tight 4A game and the player missing the 2nd FT. What a disaster that would be.

Was watching the game, of course a media timeout lol then it came back to play then immediately after they minimized play for the lady to talk and I could barely see the game haha. This is an absolute joke

The crazy ones are when a team calls a timeout and after one 30 second play they have to stop for a separate media timeout. If you’re going to milk it you might as well milk it dry I guess

I could of lived with one timeout per quarter which would be equal to college. What hasn't been talked about is the lack of substitutions needed. Normally some of the teams have issues with the longer court with up tempo games, but not this year. You can virtually play with 5 unless you have foul trouble.

Reactions: LAK26
ADVERTISEMENT