ADVERTISEMENT

Looking Ahead - 2023 Thoughts

Nov 27, 2021
Congrats to Assumption and a great 1A season with a number of great seasons for teams from all around the state.

Thoughts on next season? A lot of senior laden teams at state this year and a lot of talented players moving on. I see Columbus as being the early favorite from the east side. Haven't looked at west rosters that closely to see who will be good from that side.

Probably not news as it's been in the works for the last three months but I've heard a public directional school will be getting a very very big recruit at the start of the new school year. Add it to the list...

Probably not news as it's been in the works for the last three months but I've heard a public directional school will be getting a very very big recruit at the start of the new school year. Add it to the list...
From a private school? …..

He will absolutely be missed, and it is very disappointing to see him go.
But, of the 15 goals he scored on the season, 10 came against Monticello (0-10), Mount Pleasant (1-16) and Anamosa (1-14). May see better overall team play next season.

Reactions: JMSBFD
He will absolutely be missed, and it is very disappointing to see him go.
But, of the 15 goals he scored on the season, 10 came against Monticello (0-10), Mount Pleasant (1-16) and Anamosa (1-14). May see better overall team play next season.
My kids have all graduated (two years ago) so I don't have a dog in the fight but you might be right. The regina games I watched there was a ton of ball watching going on when he had it on his feet. Might actually improve the offensive flow and positioning. Regardless if you all go to conference play you have conference and home field locked up through substate.

My kids have all graduated (two years ago) so I don't have a dog in the fight but you might be right. The regina games I watched there was a ton of ball watching going on when he had it on his feet. Might actually improve the offensive flow and positioning. Regardless if you all go to conference play you have conference and home field locked up through substate.
From what I hear he's happy with the decision and from what I've seen, regina is much better without him from an on field chemistry standpoint. He's a great kid though. Best of wishes for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT