3. Bettendorf;
4. Iowa City West;
5. W.D.M. Dowling Catholic;
6. Pleasant Valley;
7. Cedar Rapids Washington;
8. Cedar Rapids Kennedy;
9. Johnston;
10. Davenport Central.

Receiving votes: Cedar Rapids Prairie, D.M. Hoover, Waukee.

CLASS 1-A
1. Norwalk;
2. Council Bluffs St. Albert;
3. Glenwood;
4. Waterloo Columbus;
5. Cedar Rapids Xavier;
6. ADM (Adel);
7. Bondurant-Farrar;
8. Denison-Schleswig;
9. Ballard (Huxley);
10. Perry.

Receiving votes: Iowa Mennonite, Decorah, Iowa City Regina, Keokuk, Sergeant Bluff-Luton, GRNT (Reinbeck).

Source: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880508015

I thought Decorah would have atleast been in the 10..Considering they beat #1 Glenwood and a strong Spencer team at the Waverly Tourney.

St. Albert's ranking surprises me. They have not beat any strong team. They have lost to Glenwood and also Council Bluffs Thomas Jefferson. I also thought Dubuque Wahlert might have moved higher.

Substate 8 is looking pretty interesting with these rankings..The #2, #3 and #6

Also, How does Seargent Bluffs get votes in 1A when they are a 2A school?
This post was edited on 5/8 9:20 PM by all-gone

Well, Norwalk just blew it to Newton tonight so they may drop for the next rankings. As ive always said, who cares about the rankings anyways... It just places a target on your head.

Rankings are always fun discussion; but, not to be taken serious.

Denison has like 4 losses to unranked teams and they are still sitting in the top 10

Look where they finished last year.

Also, Perry seems to usually grace the rankings but has yet to make state and do anything with it. That shows you the strength of the RRC [keep in mind that there are 3 ranked schools in the RRC - Perry, ADM, Ballard]

Maybe the RRC is up this year, who knows. But when it comes down to it, these schools typically choke in substate. ADM was there recently though.

Norwalk has a BIG tournament coming up with several of these schools making appearances. Lets home Norwalk doesn't blow it vs Perry in the first game again this year.

Where you finished last year should give you respect @ the beginning of the season...not the end. The season should justify the ranking @ this time of the year.

St. Albert hasn't played a strong team all year? They beat Col. Scotus from Nebraska and that has been the best team they have played all year even better then Glenwood.

I don't know if I would say Scotus is for sure better than Glenwood...Nebraska HS soccer is way down this year and they've won something like 10 games 1-0. They are good team but considering Glenwood beat St. Als, your comment doesn't hold much water.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT