ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Mills/Garrigan

Dec 7, 2014
I was able to attend the Lake Mills/Bishop Garrigan District Final last night. Very fun game. Lake Mills was down 11 halfway through the 3rd quarter after Garrigan opened the half on a 13-2 run. Lake Mills battled back to win 63-59 in spite of an excellent shooting night from Winkel and Schaaf for the Golden Bears. Should be a fun matchup on Saturday against West Fork for the Bulldogs.

I was able to attend the Lake Mills/Bishop Garrigan District Final last night. Very fun game. Lake Mills was down 11 halfway through the 3rd quarter after Garrigan opened the half on a 13-2 run. Lake Mills battled back to win 63-59 in spite of an excellent shooting night from Winkel and Schaaf for the Golden Bears. Should be a fun matchup on Saturday against West Fork for the Bulldogs.
I might be a little biased as I am a garrigan fan but I believe there record does not show nearly how good that team could be. Breaking in lots of new pieces and finally hitting there stride towards the end of the season. Disappointed with the Iahsaa pairing them lake mills and west fork together in the same substate. Could’ve put west fork in the one wapsie valley was in but I digress. Was a fun season and hate to see it end like that

I might be a little biased as I am a garrigan fan but I believe there record does not show nearly how good that team could be. Breaking in lots of new pieces and finally hitting there stride towards the end of the season. Disappointed with the Iahsaa pairing them lake mills and west fork together in the same substate. Could’ve put west fork in the one wapsie valley was in but I digress. Was a fun season and hate to see it end like that

I think Garrigan should have been paired with Grandview Christian district. I do like how the IHSAA put the Substates together though. There are no real surprises in any of them.

Reactions: mylameusername
I think Garrigan should have been paired with Grandview Christian district. I do like how the IHSAA put the Substates together though. There are no real surprises in any of them.

Good suggestion CalmHawk about having Garrigan in the GVC district. St. Alberts is there too, but adding Garrigan would've upped it nicely.

I sort of agree. 3 top of iowa teams who were at state last season in the same substate made literally no sense to me though. Then again most of the stuff the association does makes no sense lol.

Reactions: NI hawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT