ADVERTISEMENT

Kiffin tells Auburn he dont want no yella fella.

Was gonna go with that but I’m too sophisticated
LOL at you being sophisticated!
28163473.jpeg

Staying at OM. Rhule to Nebraska. I firmly expect Freeze to end up on the Plains.

I’m all for Freeze. Kiffin would’ve been awesome too. Those were my top two choices along with Deion as a dark horse.

I think Freeze at AU is a better fit for the booster culture we have. He’s an elite recruiter and turned Malik Willis into a 3rd round NFL QB after Gus had ruined him.

If Kiffin intended to stay all along, he was pretty dumb in how he went about it… he cost his team two games, alienated much of the fan base, and pissed off a lot of boosters. He got his big pay day, but it’s going to become tougher and tougher for him to convince recruits he’s at ole miss for the long haul (he’s not), as every coach he’s recruiting against will be using it against him. He was my top choice for sure, but I can live with Freeze. If he doesn’t work, it’ll likely be due to something off the field and we can fire for cause.

If Kiffin intended to stay all along, he was pretty dumb in how he went about it… he cost his team two games, alienated much of the fan base, and pissed off a lot of boosters. He got his big pay day, but it’s going to become tougher and tougher for him to convince recruits he’s at ole miss for the long haul (he’s not), as every coach he’s recruiting against will be using it against him. He was my top choice for sure, but I can live with Freeze. If he doesn’t work, it’ll likely be due to something off the field and we can fire for cause.
Everyone keeps saying he’s waiting for Saban to retire, but I can tell you with 100% certainty he does not like the small-town feel of Tuscaloosa (Oxford and Knoxville too).

He botched his dream job at USC, so coaching in a “big city” for a good team is going to be difficult for him.

There’s also the NFL (which he has mentioned before).

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Everyone keeps saying he’s waiting for Saban to retire, but I can tell you with 100% certainty he does not like the small-town feel of Tuscaloosa (Oxford and Knoxville too).

He botched his dream job at USC, so coaching in a “big city” for a good team is going to be difficult for him.

I never felt like he’d be at Auburn more than 4-5 years and would go to NFL at first opportunity, but did think he would win and leave us much better off than we are now, and he would leave before he went stale and we had to buy out a massive contract.

What other college jobs do you think he'd be interested in that is considered in a "big city"? There's probably only a handful. USC/UCLA being the most obvious, but that ship has sailed. Miami? Washington? I can't think of any other major programs in large cities besides those, the rest are more medium sized cities (Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas)

Reactions: BamaFan1137
What other college jobs do you think he'd be interested in that is considered in a "big city"? There's probably only a handful. USC/UCLA being the most obvious, but that ship has sailed. Miami? Washington? I can't think of any other major programs in large cities besides those, the rest are more medium sized cities (Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas)
Maybe he wants to expand his intellectual prowess…….Vandy… or Northwestern? Big cities 😏

Austin, Baton Rouge, Gainesville, Ann Arbor, Columbus...maybe???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT