ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Marlin

Dec 9, 2011
Congrats on becoming a 3xer. But it did look a little unprofessional not having a single piece of school clothing on. Isn't there a rule that states that? Just thought it looked a little tacky, like he really didn't care.

I just noticed that the Creston HWT had the same t-shirt on under his warm-up; maybe those were the team t-shirts and that's OK?

Originally posted by isufanwrtl:
Where is he going to college?
He's only a junior but I thought I read something that said he likes Oklahoma State. I'm not sure if it's true though.

I had heard that also. That is why I am asking. I know he is only a junior. But sometimes they know a head of time.

Those are the team wrestling shirts. It had Creston Wrestling on the top back of the shirt. I thought they looked pretty sharp myself.

I believe the back of the shirt said something about football. BTW, it didn't bother me that he didn't have a warm-up on.

I've heard OSU is the favorite as well. Wisconsin is also another one that I have heard being thrown around. Isn't his middle name Gable?

In case you guys dont know: That picture is taken almost directly after the match. Kids in the finals have time to go into the tunnel, celebrate a little bit, get dressed, and then they're on the podium. Personally, I had no problem with it and "FINISH" should be the shirt he wore on the podium! After all, he is a 3x State Champion striving to "finish" and reach 4!

I do know that, as I lost in the finals, had a little time to soak in the defeat and then throw my warm-ups on and sit in the chair and wait. I wasn't trying to take anything away from Jake, just making an observation of what I thought the rules stated. From the TV it looked as if he was wearing a shirt that had a slogan that Nike might use and a pair of USA Wrestling sweatpants. I didn't see and Creston Wrestling warm-ups. I thought the rule stated you were supposed to be in School warm-ups and wondered why it was ok to not wear them. Not trying to start anything.

It doesn't matter if Dan Gable was on the awards stand there is protocol for this. It has been a rich tradition for IAHSAA state pictures to wear school issued warm ups on the podium. It keeps our state to a higher level than weekend tournaments and looking like a rag tag tournament.

This shirt could have been worn all weekend for people to see, if that was what was the purpose of it. The problem we have, that is growing, is coaches and wrestlers seem to think they can just do as they wish and not follow the rules we have had set in place since before my state tournament picture and time! JMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT