ADVERTISEMENT

It’s colder than….

Prayers lifted.

I lived in that shit as a kid. Not again. If I am a glutton for punishment I'll fly up to one of those cold AF places.
It’s really not all that bad. The wind sucks and it cuts you like a knife but when it’s that cold and your bundled up properly it can be somewhat invigorating. It’ll come thru tonight and by tomorrow afternoon we’re in the 20s again. Sunday and neyond highs are in the 40s. Been a pretty mild winter so far. The Cape usually is compared to the rest of the northeast.

It’s really not all that bad. The wind sucks and it cuts you like a knife but when it’s that cold and your bundled up properly it can be somewhat invigorating. It’ll come thru tonight and by tomorrow afternoon we’re in the 20s again. Sunday and neyond highs are in the 40s. Been a pretty mild winter so far. The Cape usually is compared to the rest of the northeast.
Yeah but mix that with the typical snot nosed yankee...no thanks.

Yeah but mix that with the typical snot nosed yankee...no thanks.

giphy.gif

Agree on it being invigorating when you are at leisure. It's kind of cool and something different.

However, having to work in that shit is retarded. I was once frozen out of my car (door and lock frozen solid) and it took 30 minutes with a hairdryer to get into it. Another 15-20 minutes to thaw out the windshield. Then, once underway, my wipers froze mid wipe when a passing car tossed sludge onto my windshield. I couldn't see shit. To add insult to injury, I was then frozen inside my vehicle as the door refroze shut on said trip.

Fvck the north.

Agree on it being invigorating when you are at leisure. It's kind of cool and something different.

However, having to work in that shit is retarded. I was once frozen out of my car (door and lock frozen solid) and it took 30 minutes with a hairdryer to get into it. Another 15-20 minutes to thaw out the windshield. Then, once underway, my wipers froze mid wipe when a passing car tossed sludge onto my windshield. I couldn't see shit. To add insult to injury, I was then frozen inside my vehicle as the door refroze shut on said trip.

Fvck the north.
I had a similar thing in Chicago. Even with de-icer in the fluid tank the snow and sleet stuff kept freezing on the windshield. My hole of visibility kept getting smaller and smaller til I had to pull over and scrape it. That was scary as hell. And at the start the wipers came on partially frozen to the windshield and it bent one of them. Best to just to stay put when you can and keep the car covered. But this event is no snow, just extreme cold.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

Fvck the north.

That's actually one of the reasons we chose the SLC area. It's not brutally cold here in the winter, and it never gets super cold like you see in parts of the plains, upper midwest, and northeast. The dense arctic air masses almost always slide down east of the Rockies. Eastern Montana/Wyoming/Colorado get all that extreme cold.

Same for most of the PAC NW. We really liked parts of eastern Washington and Oregon, but the state governments ruled those states out.

Fvck the north.
I went with my wife to a meeting in Chicago one winter. The hotel it was held was a sort of motel. After we checked in they took us to our rooms in a heated cart. When we got there we had to wait while they took one of those torches like plumbers use to unfreeze the door. The people couldn’t get to the meeting rooms that day so the next day everybody moved down to a big hotel.

• Haha
Hey, it’s going to be almost 50 today in paradise…..thinking about opening my pool early 🤔.

Nah, going to wait until Trump is re-elected and global warming kicks in again 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: billywayneluck
I went with my wife to a meeting in Chicago one winter. The hotel it was held was a sort of motel. After we checked in they took us to our rooms in a heated cart. When we got there we had to wait while they took one of those torches like plumbers use to unfreeze the door. The people couldn’t get to the meeting rooms that day so the next day everybody moved down to a big hotel.
How were the vibrating beds? Could you just put a quarter in or was it 50 cents?

How were the vibrating beds? Could you just put a quarter in or was it 50 cents?

Did that as a joke to my wife in Boise MANY years ago. We couldn't get the fvcking thing to stop. We couldn't even unplug the damn thing, it was hard-wired and behind some tamper proof, hotel room bank vault like contraption.

We switched rooms a few hours later and my wife was humiliated because she thought the hotel clerk believed we were some kind of sexual perverts. 😂

Did that as a joke to my wife in Boise MANY years ago. We couldn't get the fvcking thing to stop. We couldn't even unplug the damn thing, it was hard-wired and behind some tamper proof, hotel room bank vault like contraption.

We switched rooms a few hours later and my wife was humiliated because she thought the hotel clerk believed we were some kind of sexual perverts. 😂
No need to brag. 🤣

I could say something about a shoe……and fitting but…I don’t know you well enough 😊

That's actually one of the reasons we chose the SLC area. It's not brutally cold here in the winter, and it never gets super cold like you see in parts of the plains, upper midwest, and northeast. The dense arctic air masses almost always slide down east of the Rockies. Eastern Montana/Wyoming/Colorado get all that extreme cold.

Same for most of the PAC NW. We really liked parts of eastern Washington and Oregon, but the state governments ruled those states out.
What is the SLC area?

I could mention something related to a shoe and its fit, but I don't feel like I know you well enough for that conversation yet. 😊

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT