ADVERTISEMENT

ISU Coach Steve Lynn Passes

TMF24

Freshman
Sep 8, 2004
I am saddened to share the news that Coach Steve Lynn has passed away. He had unexpectedly fallen ill a few days ago and was unable to recover. Well wishes to the Lynn family and all his former and current athletes. He was always a first class guy and hard worker that was well respected around the track and field community.

I was made aware of this very unfortunate accident this past weekend and had said a daily prayer hoping that Coach Lynn would recover. I had recieved an e-mail this afternoon with the sad news and feel as if we have lost a personal friend and a true friend of track and field. Coach Lynn always made the high school coach feel as if they were an important part of the success he was able to have at the college level and never hesitated to give the time of the day to a lowly high school coach. He always wanted to talk about what could be done to improve the sport and it's presentation to the public. Steve was never afraid to answer any question someone might have about what it would take to be a college athlete or a college coach. He was a winner in many phases of his profession and most assureadly had a great impact on many of his student athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT