ADVERTISEMENT

In 1A - Boyden-Hull or the field

Luke,
Why are you asking this question when in your own poll, you say Gladbrook-Reinbeck & Danville are both better teams?

Same in 2A?

I will take the field. BH and CL are really good but not unbeatable. They are no guarantee to get out of district with South O'Brien being no slouch. District 2 will give whoever wins District 1 a good game in substate.

Here we go again one year later. Let's just hand the 1A title to the Siouxland Conference before the districts even start. LOL!

I really do not know why BH was put in the thread vs the field. I am sure Luke wanted to see if he could start some conversations on this board. District 1 is unfortunately loaded again this year with BH, CL and South O'Brien. The winner of this District IMO has a very good shot of winning it all. I do not think South O'Brien has the inside game to stay with CL. It will come down to BH and CL for the District championship. Both teams deserve to be down in Des Moines but the way Boone sets things up the best 8 teams, unfortunately do not make it to the State Tournament.

As far as the Siouxland, I think the numbers speak for themselves: The last 3 years and for 6 of the last 8 years the State Champion has come from the Siouxland in 1A.

I do not think anyone is handing the Siouxland anything, but they will be well represented again this year with a very good shot of winning it all.

Again, don't sleep on District 2. District 1 winner is not going to walk through them. Leave the past out of it. All that matters is this year.

I'll take BH. I don't know what he did after they lost to sheldon early in the season, but coach Francis has the comets dialed in, locked and loaded, and ready for the tournament to start. It will be a tough district and substate, but I would not bet against the either of the teams from hull this year!

Originally posted by VanderHoops:
Luke,
Why are you asking this question when in your own poll, you say Gladbrook-Reinbeck & Danville are both better teams?

Same in 2A?
Regardless of records and rankings, does anyone really consider a team outside of the Siouxland a favorite in 1A?

Someone hacked BCMoore... Fairfield Maharishi is 19-0 and Danville 8-12...

Yes. Danville and Gladbrook Reinbeck could be considered favorites. MVAO as well.

IDC how easy the schedule... When you score less than 70 points in only 1 game and you are undefeated you are a title contender. Height is the obvious issue for them though.

GR gave AP its only loss on the season. Humboldt may not be as good as last year, but they are still considered to be a potential substate finalist in 3A. AP beat them by 21. The only team to beat Humboldt worse was 3A 16-3 Algona who won by 22 and only 10 in the second meeting.

MVAO
They man handled 19-1 IKM-Manning, 16-4 Ridge View TWICE, 17-4 West Monona, and 15-6 Boyer Valley... Only loss it to 3A 15-4 Denison Schleiswig who played its best 5 game stretch of the season when they beat MVAO.

MVAO doesn't exactly have a cake walk through districts themselves. Might want to circle that second round game.

GR is very, very tough. Kickbush and Smoldt might be the best backcourt in 1A and 2A. And They have a solid big guy down low in Pierce. Look for them to make some noise in Des Moines

I can make a case for GR since Ive only followed them. If anyone has questions on GR, I could give some insight. Since I don't have any knowledge on the contenders mentioned above, would someone give me a run down of "their" contenders style of play?

After tonight's games it might be fitting to change the thread to: "In 1A- Rock Valley or the field"

Originally posted by b1e9a8r2s:
After tonight's games it might be fitting to change the thread to: "In 1A- Rock Valley or the field"
Rock Valley is 2A.
But, still a huge upset. I was at the game & RV just seemed to want it more.
Odd situation with these 2 schools combining for FB/BB and have to be opponents for hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT