ADVERTISEMENT

Im in Phoenix this week.

"It's a dry heat."

Yes but it's 115, so fvck you!

Haha. It’s a legit difference at decent temps. It’s 85 degrees today in SLC but no humidity, and it felt great outside.

100+ is pretty much HAF anywhere though. I’ll chime in in July when we hit 100-105 here

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Haha. It’s a legit difference at decent temps. It’s 85 degrees today in SLC but no humidity, and it felt great outside.

100+ is pretty much HAF anywhere though. I’ll chime in in July when we hit 100-105 here
You already moved? Damn that was quick

@GwinnettDawg knows a thing or two about moving. Dude is a gypsy...or a professional hit man. I haven't decided which yet.
3 years in Tampa, 2 in Chicago, now Cape Cod. All since 2016. I have moved in that time than in the rest of my life combined. Do not recommend, although it’s been interesting to live in such different parts of the country. Not like moving from one trailer park to another in BammerBarnerstan. And I might be a spook, or I might not.

3 years in Tampa, 2 in Chicago, now Cape Cod. All since 2016. I have moved in that time than in the rest of my life combined. Do not recommend, although it’s been interesting to live in such different parts of the country. Not like moving from one trailer park to another in BammerBarnerstan. And I might be a spook, or I might not.

I've lived in TN, FL, OK, LA, FL again, AL, GA, SC, GA again, briefly in PA and NY, back to TN again, VA and then finally back in AL.

So I sort of feel you though your geography trumps mine. I've been in AL 11 years now I think.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
I've lived in TN, FL, OK, LA, FL again, AL, GA, SC, GA again, briefly in PA and NY, back to TN again, VA and then finally back in AL.

So I sort of feel you though your geography trumps mine. I've been in AL 11 years now I think.
You got me in frequency. I moved around in ATL as a single guy but don’t count those.

So it hit 103 here yesterday, and will be at/over 100 for 6 of the next 7 days.

It's hot, but it's a lot more manageable than a hot July day in Alabama. One it's windier out here, and the shade feels a lot better because of the lower humidity.

One of the oddest things about the dry heat to me has been swimming and how cold it is getting out of the pool. I took my kids swimming yesterday, it was 103, but with a slight breeze and the dry air, you still get out of the water quite cold.

Need the wind to die down with this heat though, fires are popping off in the last couple days. We had a pretty smoky sunset last night.

It's hot, but it's a lot more manageable than a hot July day in Alabama. One it's windier out here, and the shade feels a lot better because of the lower humidity.

One of the oddest things about the dry heat to me has been swimming and how cold it is getting out of the pool. I took my kids swimming yesterday, it was 103, but with a slight breeze and the dry air, you still get out of the water quite cold.

Need the wind to die down with this heat though, fires are popping off in the last couple days. We had a pretty smoky sunset last night.
Spent 5 hours at the ball park in south AL the last two days for a 10u all-star softball tournament. 6-8:30 Friday night. 9-11ish yesterday morning.

To compound the miserable heat and humidity, I absolutely fvcking hate softball at that age. We lost 3-0 and 7-0 respectively, with a combined 4 hits in two games (two belonged to my spawn), the concession stand accepted cash only so the lines were long as hell, and for 5 hours it cost me $45 in admission to this dogshit and another $17 at the concession stand.

Things I would have rather done with my time:
- read Oprah’s autobiography
- watched a women’s D3 water polo match on local cable with a woman broadcaster
- stood in line at the DMV
- etcetera

With almost no humidity, the water is evaporating almost immediately when you get out of the water and that's cooling you down quickly...to the point where you feel cold.

That endeths my nerding out post of the day...courtesy of my father the engineer.

With almost no humidity, the water is evaporating almost immediately when you get out of the water and that's cooling you down quickly...to the point where you feel cold.

That endeths my nerding out post of the day...courtesy of my father the engineer.

This is true, it's the same reason you don't seem to be sweating in the dry heat. That moisture is still leaving your body, it just isn't forming droplets because of the immediate evaporation.

By odd I more meant that it's odd standing in line for a water slide shivering and it is 102°, heh. I didn't realize it'd make that big of a difference when doing an activity like swimming.

Also, it’s 1PM, and it is comfortable in the shade on my deck despite it being 91 and rising here. Sitting with a cold beverage watching my kids bake in the sun

Why does anyone live here?

I hear it is so damn hot that Lucifer moved there from Hell.

I had a software conference there a couple years ago in August. Too hot to be outside for more than an hour or so in the afternoon. They would not sell tee times till the sun when down and most of the golf courses are lighted for night play.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
You laughing at me? Am I some kind of clown to you?
joe-shoot.gif

This is true, it's the same reason you don't seem to be sweating in the dry heat. That moisture is still leaving your body, it just isn't forming droplets because of the immediate evaporation.

By odd I more meant that it's odd standing in line for a water slide shivering and it is 102°, heh. I didn't realize it'd make that big of a difference when doing an activity like swimming.

Yea, that would be weird.

Also weird, camping in the desert when it's 100° during the day and then you wake up in the morning and there's frost on the sand.

First off, how is frost forming in a dry AF desert? Where is the water that forms the frost coming from? And, of course, how is that temperature variation possible?

ADVERTISEMENT