ADVERTISEMENT

IHSAA Revised Schedule

That’s all this is about, baseball included. It’s all about the money. Baseball happened as a test run for football at the expense of the health and safety of the student athletes and the coaches, more specifically the throwing shoulders of the athletes. You can not say that two weeks is enough time to get a shoulder in shape for any length of season. That’s why you can start off season programs in February and why we have a pitch count rule. The state is focused on their money and nothing else.

end of rant

Completely ridiculous take. All about the money? So you’re saying the players and coaches were so worried about their health that they didn’t want to play and were forced to by the state so it could make money?

Baseball and softball happened because it was deemed safe enough to play and everybody wanted to play. End of story. Around 40 programs (out of around 700) were affected by Covid and NONE of them saw a spread amongst team members and coaches through practice and games.

Bad on arms? Arms get hurt regardless of preparation time and I’d argue that the shortened season was better for arms and a condensed schedule should be looked at more closely going forward. Did any team you know of have arm issues that were the direct result of limited throwing before the season? If so, then it sure wasn’t the State’s fault because the possibility of playing had been know for quote some time and kids had every opportunity to throw on their own to get ready. I know kids in my area were doing that to prepare.

And everyone making the playoffs has nothing to do with money. You think fans will be pouring in to watch those 7-0/0-7 first round games? The gates will hopefully be enough to cover balls and officials. No, having everyone make the playoffs makes 100% sense for this season because now you don’t have to worry about the what-if’s if teams have to suspend play due to Covid cases on the team.

I just saw Treynor posted there new schedule and I saw St. Albert is no longer listed? I heard a rumor last night that Treynors coach did not want to play saint Albert this year and bailed on them for clarinda. Really Hoping that isn’t true. I was looking forward to that game, Treynors Concession stand burgers are top notch, the popcorn too.

I heard a rumor last night that Treynors coach did not want to play saint Albert this year and bailed on them for clarinda.

Well, Clarinda was already on their previous schedule. Looks like they kept that one, and then needed a road game for balance.

Everyone loses a home regular season game.

The IH$AA takes the gate for all playoff games.

If a team has a COVID-19 issue in Week 7, or during the week of the playoffs, no way they get to play in the playoff game.

Do we really want a 7-0 team playing a 0-7 team if that hypothetically happens? Is that the plan?

IHSAA says 6 rounds, so 64-team brackets.

No class has 64 teams.'

4A: 40
3A 54
2A 54
1A 54
A: 60
8-man: 68

Chances of them all reaching the end of season likely slim because of COVID, so lots of questions.

Got our schedule today. Playing 7 games, the 2 ND games are 2 of the same as previous, but different dates. 3 home/4 away. No word on JV schedule if any.

WB playing pretty much same schedule, less Regina and SK. Kept the 2A schools.

Side note: if schools that go 100% online are not allowed to play, its gonna be an open enrollment free for all.

I know that a Class A school has already added 15-20 extra players because a neighboring school is in limbo. So that Class A school will have a 2A size roster.

Blame, which school is that? I heard the Regals got about 15 kids from City High. The Little Hawks baseball coach told his kids they should transfer elsewhere if they wanted to play FB this fall. Wild times, man.

Blame, which school is that? I heard the Regals got about 15 kids from City High. The Little Hawks baseball coach told his kids they should transfer elsewhere if they wanted to play FB this fall. Wild times, man.

I have not heard of a single new kid coming to Regina. Hope it’s true though.
Got to keep up with the WB transfers.

If they do 100% online classes, that sounds like the plan. No fall sports in ICCSD.

But things change. Rapidly.

It been announced quite publicly that the Governor will not allow 100% online school. Anywhere in Iowa.
Unless specific requirements are met.
Throwing around a lot of misinformation here...

? That’s an old article. The Governor won’t allow online only classes she said.

ADVERTISEMENT