ADVERTISEMENT

IA HS Athletic Union handling of fields

Rockeyes

Freshman
Feb 27, 2003
Why in the world, if the Cownie fields were not available would the IHSSAU not move the State Tournament to Muscatine???

1) They are better fields than Cownie anyway.
2) The people of Muscatine do a better job running their facility
3) This is a very dumb, decision by the folks in Des Moines

Originally posted by Rockeyes:
Why in the world, if the Cownie fields were not available would the IHSSAU not move the State Tournament to Muscatine???

1) They are better fields than Cownie anyway.
2) The people of Muscatine do a better job running their facility
3) This is a very dumb, decision by the folks in Boone

One word: Muscatine Soccer Complex

Much better for Fans, players, coaches, news media.

Two words: No Brainer

GoalScorer:

I've got two words for you today:

Why in the )(*&)(*&(&*)(!%%!$%!$!$!!!!***! would IHSSA NOT PLAY THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS AT the BEST FACILITY IN MUSCATINE???

Because Muscatine is on the eastern edge of the state, there are teams that would have to come from over 6 hours away to get there, have it in Des Moines, nobody has to drive more than 3 hours and teams don't have to stay overnight unless they play again the next day.

ok this ignorance is getting old.it doesnt matter if they have the best facility.they look at proximity.muscatine is on the edge.des moines is in the middle of state.best LOCATION for transportation for ALL teams, which is what theyre looking for.all the state tournaments are in the center of the state with a few exceptions.deal with it dude

Well, let's see.

How many World Series, Super Bowls, World Cups, Final Fours or U.S. Open's are centrally located on DEFECTIVE facility locations?

Answer ZERO

I rest my case, because it's obvious what the RIGHT answer was and the folks in Dez Moine or Boone, whatever BLEW IT.

To summarize what everyone is saying....

Would we all like to see the State tourney in Muscatine due to quality of complex? You bet! Players would prefer it, too.

But the reality is economics. Between the price of gas (bus, parents, fans) and hotels, it simply is most economical and fair to teams (especially those in the NW corner) to hold this as central as possible.

It's not perfect by any means, but the most fair. So our hearts want Muscatine, but our heads have to agree to Des Moines.

besides, its not like THIS years facilities are bad...se polk, valley, and urbandale are all excellent places to play.cownie will be in great shape next year barring anymore flooding this summer

Do I really have someone whose moniker is baseballballa calling me derogatory names in this thread?

THAT IS TOO RICH

Kid 'ballah'

Do they allow you access to the internet right there at the Junior High, you attend?

roll.gif

well...lets see how your closed off mind wraps around this one...the account is...6 years old now...there shouldnt be a comma in that sentence of yours any idiot could tell you that one...i am not in junior high im actually in college...so again, you are an idiot.thank you for just adding to my point with your not so thought out attempt at an insult.but keep trying.maybe someday youll reach that junior high intelligence and be able to comprehend the reasons behind the IAHSAA.until that time...stop posting

I can't believe I stumbled into the soccer forum and am going to make a post, but those who are arguing centralized location, what about state softball? Fort Dodge isn't very centralized.

Muck makes an Excellent point, here.

Other State Championships aren't played on high school fields in Des Moines.

So, WHY IN GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD THE State of Iowa Athletic Union not be USING THE BEST SOCCER FACILITY IN THE MIDWEST??????????????

Either because they are ignorant, or they have a Des Moines bias. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

there is obviously no reasoning with someone as closed off as Rockeye here so there is no more point in attempting it.you are an extremely ignorant person and you need to realize that "best facility" does not mean best overall venue.understand the difference.im done here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT