ADVERTISEMENT

I really really really really

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
I really really really really enjoy the traffic here are one football message board. Do you one message board or six for the season?

I personally like having separate boards for each class during the season. For the offseason, there are a lot more general discussion topics that fans of any class can talk about, and a lot fewer class-specific topics, so one board makes sense in the offseason.

That's my opinion, too. I prefer having the individual classes having their own boards. This year I'll be spending a lot more time bouncing between the 4A and 3A boards, but frankly, I don't have much interest (or anything to contribute!) in discussions about 8-man or A or 1A.

I like the different class divisions on this board because otherwise we''ll be tempted to post about players and teams that we really don't know much about, except by reputation. Even though there are superb athletes and great teams in the other classes, we could get a lot of "off the wall" posts. No big deal, but that's my opinion.

Originally posted by LukeFeddersen:
The crowd would just have to be trained to post the class before posting.
Oh I don't think we have to do that. I mean as soon as you see Regina in the thread title you automatically assume it's a Class 4A thread because Regina is a 4A program.....right?

Originally posted by LukeFeddersen:
The crowd would just have to be trained to post the class before posting.
Okay, I could probably go along with this. Some indication in the thread title of the class we're talking about.

I think you're giving us way too much credit, though, thinking we can be trained at all. We're Internet message board posters! We have to be free! Screw the rules! L33T 4EVAR!

I like the separate boards during the season. I would usually check the 4A & 3A boards daily, and the others once a week. That will change to 4A/2A with Clear Lake dropping a class.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Separate the message boards when the season begins or before. There is a lot of negative posting that occurs during the season. Better to keep that within a class.

Together...except for 8 man. It's just easier IMO and I think it will help with traffic

I will change it. Pick a date. I just like the conversations and having it all in one place.

I'd like them to remain separate. When I go to the 4A board, the posts that have recently been made or that I have interest in are right at the top. I realize, that will be the same if they're all the boards are together. BUT, they'll be mixed. And I, for one, am not going to want to sift through all the other class posts to find the ones more pertinent to me. If I wanna look at 1A because I wanna see how things are shaking there, I'll go to the 1A board. It makes zero sense to me to wanna concentrate on one classes topics and have to browse over everything else.

After discussing the matter with Elvis and Sasquatch, we would like to see the football classes dealt with in seperate boards, as at the present.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT