4. Southeast Polk
5. Waukee Northwest
6. WDM Valley
7. Cedar Rapids Prairie
8. Pleasant Valley
9. Cedar Rapids Kennedy
10. Urbandale

Who you got? Who did I miss?

5A will run through the Des Moines Suburbs and probably will from now on. I am interested though to see if City High can continue its nice run they had last year, my guess is that they will in some sort of way. I would have Ankeny at #1 personally but I think you could make an argument for many of those schools. Outside of the suburb schools and City High, I think you really see that all of the talent in Bettendorf is at PV right now, Prairie has been solid for the last 5 years or so but can't ever seem to get over the hump. Kennedy is always strong.

A few others to think about, Cedar Falls is always strong, Linn Mar seems like they could be building something, and it will be interesting to see how Ankeny Centennial rebounds after a down year, and if Waukee can build back after the split, where NW got more of the talent it appears.

5A will run through the Des Moines Suburbs and probably will from now on. I am interested though to see if City High can continue its nice run they had last year, my guess is that they will in some sort of way. I would have Ankeny at #1 personally but I think you could make an argument for many of those schools. Outside of the suburb schools and City High, I think you really see that all of the talent in Bettendorf is at PV right now, Prairie has been solid for the last 5 years or so but can't ever seem to get over the hump. Kennedy is always strong.

A few others to think about, Cedar Falls is always strong, Linn Mar seems like they could be building something, and it will be interesting to see how Ankeny Centennial rebounds after a down year, and if Waukee can build back after the split, where NW got more of the talent it appears.
I’d tend to agree the Capital City has the inside track for the foreseeable future in 5A, enrollments and money are on their side. Other than the talented returning LB at City High not sure about the rest of team, IC West? I think Prairie will be competitive, perhaps tops in CR area. PV should run the table in QC area, most all the population growth (and money) is in that district.

City High has quite a bit of talent coming back (the Register has them at No. 5 in their all-class Super 10). Prairie lost some studs but should still be good, same with Kennedy (they have some defensive stars returning, which I think is a better advantage than offensive experience). Linn-Mar was young last year and still did well, they are going to win some games this season.

Iowa City West does return quite a few players, but they have a lot to prove after a very disappointing season last year.

I'm very late to this, been out of the state for a long time now. When did 5A become a thing?

What's wrong with Bett? 0-2 to start the season again after losing 34-0 to CR Kennedy...

What's wrong with Bett? 0-2 to start the season again after losing 34-0 to CR Kennedy...
Last three years down, looks like they’ve not had much raw talent to work with but things cycle through. One thing they can’t fight is the demographic shift in QCA, practically all the new development is in PV district, hence enrollment growth, money etc. (only open enrollment can help there)

Man, I have not been here for awhile....not much talk compared to years ago. Did I miss something?

Man, I have not been here for awhile....not much talk compared to years ago. Did I miss something?
unfortunately, many have left..now sure why, or were they go too . i just wonder if there is another forum i dont know about?

A few years ago there was spam something terrible on every forum. Really hard to get past it for a lot of people. I think that had some affect.

Reactions: KidSilverhair
My 2 cents after week 3:

5a top 5 for most of the
1) southeast Polk (by a margin)
2) dowling
3) ankeny? Although not looking as strong the last few games
4) pleasant valley (although wish they played more central iowa teams so we could get an accurate comparison…perhaps they are really great, my guess is they are slightly overrated but their schedule seems pretty easy the rest of the year so they will stay top 4)
5) Johnston?? This is my wild card to rise in the rankings, but who knows…

top 2 teams thus far clearly southeast Polk and Dowling

Reactions: Johnchris94
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT