ADVERTISEMENT

Hotdamn! Joe done saved the burger cashiers!

I’m interested to see the details of how their plan will address non-competes. We’re pretty heavy in the OEM/private label business, and non-disclosure is where non-competes get tricky, especially in civil litigation. Not looking to leave by any means, but having been under non-competes with several companies, this is the first one id actually feel constrained.

I’m interested to see the details of how their plan will address non-competes. We’re pretty heavy in the OEM/private label business, and non-disclosure is where non-competes get tricky, especially in civil litigation. Not looking to leave by any means, but having been under non-competes with several companies, this is the first one id actually feel constrained.
Non competes are being shot down in a lot of states. The NDA is the part that will - and should remain in place.

They're mostly unenforceable save dissemination of protected trade secrets.
Unfortunately, I’d be pretty limited as to where I could go in my industry due to trade secrets. It’d be difficult to argue, even in an indirect manner, that I didn’t use the information and knowledge I have to drive business if I went to a competitor.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Unfortunately, I’d be pretty limited as to where I could go in my industry due to trade secrets. It’d be difficult to argue, even in an indirect manner, that I didn’t use the information and knowledge I have to drive business if I went to a competitor.
Well you can’t unlearn what you know. That’s what makes you valuable. But I get it. Been in the same situation myself before.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

So if you left company A of your own volition, there are limitations for working for their competitors. That I get and I can even somewhat agree.

If you are fired or layed off from company A and their competitors are willing to hire you, company A can fvck right off...their should be no restrictions. Of course the act of getting fired on purpose so you can work for the competitors would have to be addressed.

Reactions: alphatiger08
So if you left company A of your own volition, there are limitations for working for their competitors. That I get and I can even somewhat agree.

If you are fired or layed off from company A and their competitors are willing to hire you, company A can fvck right off...their should be no restrictions. Of course the act of getting fired on purpose so you can work for the competitors would have to be addressed.
I was just in a similar situation. Company B told A to suck a hawg, see ya in court.

Alabama being a right to work state doesn’t just mean protection for the multi billion dollar corporation that employs you.

George Costanza produced an instructional.video on this very thing.

I was just in a similar situation. Company B told A to suck a hawg, see ya in court.

Alabama being a right to work state doesn’t just mean protection for the multi billion dollar corporation that employs you.
Right to work , or at will?

Damn fellows, Y'all been hanging around Gator so much you're beginning to sound like him !

the-simpsons-enter.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT