ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Duds

hokiemokie

Freshman
Dec 31, 2009
How are you and your place on the lake down there ? Heard a report of lots of damage including boats being sank from severe weather. Prayers for you and all in thearea of the bad weather. Hunker down bud and stay safe .

Hope he’s ok.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was supposed to travel to nasty ass San Francisco for work tomorrow, and apparently there is actual flooding going on there.

Do not care one bit, I was dreading that damn trip and gave me an excuse to cancel. Leaving from Panama City at 6am tomorrow and back in PC by 6:45pm Friday. Fck that place.

Hope he’s ok.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I was supposed to travel to nasty ass San Francisco for work tomorrow, and apparently there is actual flooding going on there.

Do not care one bit, I was dreading that damn trip and gave me an excuse to cancel. Leaving from Panama City at 6am tomorrow and back in PC by 6:45pm Friday. Fck that place.
XLiberal city- the gay bay… you’ll enjoy it ;)

How are you and your place on the lake down there ? Heard a report of lots of damage including boats being sank from severe weather. Prayers for you and all in thearea of the bad weather. Hunker down bud and stay safe .

We're good but it was VERY close. The tornado crossed the lake about a mile north of me. I couldn't believe that there wasn't a single tree down on my street.

Just north of me there are several damaged homes and sunken boats. I was able to go house to house and so far no reports of any real injuries in my immediate area.

We're good but it was VERY close. The tornado crossed the lake about a mile north of me. I couldn't believe that there wasn't a single tree down on my street.

Just north of me there are several damaged homes and sunken boats. I was able to go house to house and so far no reports of any real injuries in my immediate area.
Glad to hear you and family are good, sorry for your neighbors in the community. Hope all damage is as minimal as possible with the tornado passing through.

Reactions: Reasoned
Glad to hear you and family are good, sorry for your neighbors in the community. Hope all damage is as minimal as possible with the tornado passing through.

There's a few houses that have significant damage but none that were just ripped off the foundation like you sometimes see.

One that sort of bothered me was a normal home, nothing spectacular and it had minimal damage. The thing that made their home beautiful was the old growth trees all around the property. Every one of them is twisted up and gnarled now. Weird that it bothered me...guess I just know they aren't something you can replace

There's a few houses that have significant damage but none that were just ripped off the foundation like you sometimes see.

One that sort of bothered me was a normal home, nothing spectacular and it had minimal damage. The thing that made their home beautiful was the old growth trees all around the property. Every one of them is twisted up and gnarled now. Weird that it bothered me...guess I just know they aren't something you can replace
When I was a kid, the best tree we had in our yard was a gigantic oak. One spring a tornado skipped over our neighborhood. The one thing it got was that tree. It left all the scrubby pines, sweet gums, and other assorted trash trees. Later my dad would cut all of them down. He would have spared that oak though. It was a great tree.

All that to say, I get what you are saying.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

I don't think that is strange. Obviously first concern is human life, but one thing I hate seeing is when a beautiful golf course gets torn up from a storm, because it'll never be the same again. I grew up playing a lot of tournaments at the RTJ Silver Lakes course (off 431 between Gadsden and Anniston), and it was completely devastated during the April 27 storms. Obviously that's nothing compared to all the tragedy that occurred that day, but I've played it a few times after they opened it back up, and it's just not the beautiful place it use to be.

Similarly, I played Panama Country Club a couple years ago after Hurricane Matthew had come through. It was known for its tree lined fairways, old big trees with moss hanging from them, etc. When I played it after Matthew came through, there was not a tree left on the golf course. Pic below of what every hole looked like before

2-PCC36-min.jpg

^ still torn up about Toomers Corner 😂

• Wow
Hope he’s ok.

It’s such a shame. San Fran used to be a geographic jewel in our country. Then the liberals started governing it into the shithole it is today. Liberals actually think they are saving the planet….:what a crock of shite!

It’s such a shame. San Fran used to be a geographic jewel in our country. Then the liberals started governing it into the shithole it is today. Liberals actually think they are saving the planet….:what a crock of shite!
Yep, prettiest city in the country, went there on our honeymoon and truly enjoyed it……30 years ago.

Yep, prettiest city in the country, went there on our honeymoon and truly enjoyed it……30 years ago.
First went there in 2000. It hadn't gone totally weird yet, meaning people weren't openly shitting in the streets and shoplifting with no consequences. Had some amazing fresh fish at one of the places right off the bay. Amazing. Sad that it is slowly rotting into a liberal shithole.

Reactions: Reasoned

Looks like a much stronger tornado is crossing the lake as I type this, fortunately it looks to be a couple miles north of the one last week. Your area apparently has a target on it

Yeah, per google traffic looks like it went right through the center of town. Doesn’t appear that it was a violent EF4/5, but even a 2/3 can do a ton of damage.
Dr. Knabb was saying that NWC was speculating 2/3 due to the height of the debris ball.

Looks like a much stronger tornado is crossing the lake as I type this, fortunately it looks to be a couple miles north of the one last week. Your area apparently has a target on it

Much more damage with this one, we dodged a bullet yet again. The last one damaged homes in my county, this one leveled a few.

So far I haven't heard of any fatalities in county, unbelievably. Autauga County has 6 so far. We had a group that were stuck in their storm shelter from debris from their home.

This tornado was a wide bitch. I'm no expert, but I'd say EF3 at least.

Reactions: dhetiger
Much more damage with this one, we dodged a bullet yet again. The last one damaged homes in my county, this one leveled a few.

So far I haven't heard of any fatalities in county, unbelievably. Autauga County has 6 so far. We had a group that were stuck in their storm shelter from debris from their home.

This tornado was a wide bitch. I'm no expert, but I'd say EF3 at least.

The only bright side from the storm was that given how strong it was and how long the path it was, it took about as rural of a path as possible once it got past Selma. That's no consolation to the lives lost or the people that lost everything obviously, just that we were fortunate it didn't hit any large population areas at its strongest.

Have you heard where the 6 deaths in Autauga County came from? I'm wondering if it hit some trailers through there or if those deaths were in permanent structures.

Pretty cool radar loop here. The storm responsible for that tornado developed in Louisiana.

The only bright side from the storm was that given how strong it was and how long the path it was, it took about as rural of a path as possible once it got past Selma. That's no consolation to the lives lost or the people that lost everything obviously, just that we were fortunate it didn't hit any large population areas at its strongest.

Have you heard where the 6 deaths in Autauga County came from? I'm wondering if it hit some trailers through there or if those deaths were in permanent structures.

I've haven't heard where those deaths occurred.

Two in Marbury, so I heard. My grandson goes to HS there and it passed nearby when they were in the shelter.

I had to help a family out of their storm shelter in Marbury. They had debris up against the door and a power line that everyone was afraid was live. It wasn't.

Several homes destroyed in that area and those homes are NOT close to one another.

I haven't heard about any deaths in Marbury though.

ADVERTISEMENT