ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Bama Guys, “Running out of money?”

Bill_D

Varsity
Jun 26, 2001
U of TX got Arch Manning a few days ago and today they got Derek Williams. Rumor is they paid more than $3MM for Manning and more than $1MM for Williams. Both were considered AL Leads for a long time. The word in Austin is, “Anything A&M can do, if we can do better.“

Day at Ohio State just told his business men he required $13MM per year for NIL. They just signed two 5* WR that Bama was also courting. I don’t think $13MM is enough To stay with U of TX and A&M. The word on the West Coast is USC has called on their Alumni for huge money, also. This thing is getting out of hand.

U of TX got Arch Manning a few days ago and today they got Derek Williams. Rumor is they paid more than $3MM for Manning and more than $1MM for Williams. Both were considered AL Leads for a long time. The word in Austin is, “Anything A&M can do, if we can do better.“

Day at Ohio State just told his business men he required $13MM per year for NIL. They just signed two 5* WR that Bama was also courting. I don’t think $13MM is enough To stay with U of TX and A&M. The word on the West Coast is USC has called on their Alumni for huge money, also. This thing is getting out of hand.
We stole a QB out of LSU’s back yard and just got a commitment from another five star DB yesterday. I think we’re ok.

The QB told Brian Killy he didn’t want to fear for his life when it started raining, so he chose bammer.

We stole a QB out of LSU’s back yard and just got a commitment from another five star DB yesterday. I think we’re ok.

The QB told Brian Killy he didn’t wants to fear for his life when it started raining, so he chose bammer.
Well, they only took Holstein because Manning switched to Tx. Holstein was never coming to LSU because he didn’t want to be behind Walker Howard where he was for 3 years in HS. That’s a fact. He first pledged to A&M but when he and Saban heard that TX had bought Manning they got together. Believe it or not I was glad to see you got him away from A&M. I like the kid.There are 3 top QB in LA this year and I don’t think we will get either of them.

No, Bama isn’t doing too bad but those teams TX, A&M, and Ohio State are just going out and buying ball players more big time than anybody else. It legal so they are going after it. It’s almost getting out of control. $13,000,000 is over $150,000 per year per player If you average it.

I think we're doing OK.

We took the Louisiana QB before Manning made up his mind. I was sort of glad to be out of that particular sweepstakes.

The kid who got away from us imo was the QB UTk signed.

I think we're doing OK.

We took the Louisiana QB before Manning made up his mind. I was sort of glad to be out of that particular sweepstakes.

Yes. You got him before Manning committed to TX but everybody in LA knew he was going to TX way before he committed. You took Holstein after that. Saban realized Manning was going to TX and went after Holstein. Holstein is a top QB. But Holstein was never going to LSU because we had Walker Howard.

I honestly don’t think LSU will get a top QB this year. They have a RS freshman Nussmeier and a freshmen Walker Howard who were considered a top QB in their classes. Top QB generally don’t like to come into a situation like that. There is a chance we might flip Collins from Purdue but I doubt it.

I was really kidding about the NIL money. That is the reason for the post. IMO the Aggies and TX have more money than anybody else and will buy who they want. The rest of us will get good players because they are limited by the NCAA on the number of players.

A&M had the top class over AL last year and LSU flipped a 5*LB mainly because of his 2 Grandmothers. So A&M, now #2 went after a LSU 5* safety. Midnight before National Signing Day they finally got him with an offer of $750,000. That’s how bad they wanted to be #1 over AL. That’s what set off the tiff between Saban and Jimbo.

Last edited:
I think we're doing OK.

I have seen comparisons of the competition of both. Manning played against private school fat slow rich kids…. And his stats were the worst I have seen from a 5* 1900yds for a QB?? Bryce did that in 3 games in CA Elite level.

Iamaleava played in the same league as Bryce … plays like Jalen Hurts with a better arm. I’d take him every time.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I have seen comparisons of the competition of both. Manning played against private school fat slow rich kids…. And his stats were the worst I have seen from a 5* 1900yds for a QB?? Bryce did that in 3 games in CA Elite level.

Iamaleava played in the same league as Bryce … plays like Jalen Hurts with a better arm. I’d take him every time.
LOL. In LA the private schools play the best schools, private and public. This is particularly true of the Catholic schools. The private schools rank right up there with any public schools. LA is probably the only state that is true. I’m not saying Holstein is not good, he is. But Manning is also very good.

LOL. In LA the private schools play the best schools, private and public. This is particularly true of the Catholic schools. The private schools rank right up there with any public schools. LA is probably the only state that is true. I’m not saying Holstein is not good, he is. But Manning is also very good.
His stats suck ass compared to the other 5* QBs. If his name was Smith he’d be 3-4 star. I have watched his games on YouTube. The defensive talent level at least this year is nowhere near CA, Tx, GA and FL / IMG. ( the Corridor:) . More comparable to AL, TN MS

Last edited:
I’d rather pay for transfer players who have proven their value on the college level than HS kids. In fact Ima write that on the “for” next time I send a $5 donation to Awbrin.

Yes. You got him before Manning committed to TX but everybody in LA knew he was going to TX way before he committed. You took Holstein after that. Saban realized Manning was going to TX and went after Holstein. Holstein is a top QB. But Holstein was never going to LSU because we had Walker Howard.

I honestly don’t think LSU will get a top QB this year. They have a RS freshman Nussmeier and a freshmen Walker Howard who were considered a top QB in their classes. Top QB generally don’t like to come into a situation like that. There is a chance we might flip Collins from Purdue but I doubt it.

I was really kidding about the NIL money. That is the reason for the post. IMO the Aggies and TX have more money than anybody else and will buy who they want. The rest of us will get good players because they are limited by the NCAA on the number of players.

A&M had the top class over AL last year and LSU flipped a 5*LB mainly because of his 2 Grandmothers. So A&M, now #2 went after a LSU 5* safety. Midnight before National Signing Day they finally got him with an offer of $750,000. That’s how bad they wanted to be #1 over AL. That’s what set off the tiff between Saban and Jimbo.
Funny “everyone in LA” knew this but my friend on LSU’s staff had no idea.

Truth is, Manning gave Killy and Co the middle finger because the LSU program is still reeling from having back to back circus clowns leading the program, and then of course there’s the student that Killy murdered in cold blood in South Bend.

Parents have to be able to trust a head coach with their son’s life.

Yes. You got him before Manning committed to TX but everybody in LA knew he was going to TX way before he committed. You took Holstein after that

No one knew. Literally no one. Many speculated but that's all it was. We decided to hedge our bets and took a very good QB who wanted to commit.

Manning may turn out to be awesome...but I just don't see how he can ever live up to the hype. My best guess is that he's very good with an elite name. Sark is an excellent QB coach so he's in a good situation.

Reactions: dustinator

Truth is, Manning gave Killy and Co the middle finger because the LSU program is still reeling from having back to back circus clowns leading the program, and then of course there’s the student that Killy murdered in cold blood in South Bend.

Notice how @Bill_D always has the “everyone knew” scoop A F T E R the news publishes the story?

Reactions: dustinator
No one knew. Literally no one. Many speculated but that's all it was. We decided to hedge our bets and took a very good QB who wanted to commit.

Manning may turn out to be awesome...but I just don't see how he can ever live up to the hype. My best guess is that he's very good with an elite name. Sark is an excellent QB coach so tation he's in a good situation.
Well, I guess Manning must be pretty good because Saban really wanted him badly. It was like you said in the first paragraph. Most speculated it would be TX. They had a lot of clues and that’s the way recruiting works. Saban picked that vibe up, believed if and went after Holstein who is a good QB.

You are probably right about overhype. But it is difficult to see. There is no question there has been 3 great QB in his bloodline, 2 of which have won super bowls. ALL 3 had long productive careers in the NFL. All the scouting people who have looked at this recruit think he will be great, one of them being Saban.

I remember them saying both of his uncles were overhyped And they went on the Archie’s reputation. That wasn’t true. They proved to be gold.

Well, they only took Holstein because Manning switched to Tx. Holstein was never coming to LSU because he didn’t want to be behind Walker Howard where he was for 3 years in HS. That’s a fact. He first pledged to A&M but when he and Saban heard that TX had bought Manning they got together. Believe it or not I was glad to see you got him away from A&M. I like the kid.There are 3 top QB in LA this year and I don’t think we will get either of them.

No, Bama isn’t doing too bad but those teams TX, A&M, and Ohio State are just going out and buying ball players more big time than anybody else. It legal so they are going after it. It’s almost getting out of control. $13,000,000 is over $150,000 per year per player If you average it.
The good news with aTm is that Jimbo is their coach. He won’t win shit.

Notice how @Bill_D always has the “everyone knew” scoop A F T E R the news publishes the story?
Notice how it is now after the happening. It is proper to say it that way. There signs all over the place that Manning was favoring TX like more visits there than other schools. Like his WR signing on at TX. Maybe “knew“ is a little strong but highly suspected is right. Anyway the post was really about AL not having the money to offer.

The good news with aTm is that Jimbo is their coach. He won’t win shit.
I agree with that.
I think we're doing OK.

UTk? Do you mean U of TN? That dude is good. But L.SU fans worried about his name, Imaleava or something like that. If his name holds true you may get an opportunity to get him out of the portal

You know you are kind of pathetic making that kind of claim in the anonymity of the internet.. You know that the incident was thoroughly investigated by at least 2 federal agencies, 2 local and state law enforcement agencies, The University of Notre Dame and the parents and not one complaint was made against Kelly. It is also cowardly to accuse somebody of cold blooded murder behind their back. Why not accuse them directly to their face?

Manning‘s HS coach said that Kelly and the LSU staff gave Manning the best visit and the best presentation of how he would be used of any of the staffs recruiting him and he attended them all. It was not a matter of not liking the coaching staff.

I agree with that.

UTk? Do you mean U of TN? That dude is good. But L.SU fans worried about his name, Imaleava or something like that. If his name holds true you may get an opportunity to get him out of the portal
UTk - Univ. of Tenn in Knoxville.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
You know you are kind of pathetic making that kind of claim in the anonymity of the internet.. You know that the incident was thoroughly investigated by at least 2 federal agencies, 2 local and state law enforcement agencies, The University of Notre Dame and the parents and not one complaint was made against Kelly. It is also cowardly to accuse somebody of cold blooded murder behind their back. Why not accuse them directly to their face?

Manning‘s HS coach said that Kelly and the LSU staff gave Manning the best visit and the best presentation of how he would be used of any of the staffs recruiting him and he attended them all. It was not a matter of not liking the coaching staff.
Ted Bundy was also a likable fella, but you know the whole serial killer thing…

Anyway, congrats on 2nd place. Or 3rd. Or 5th. He was in LSU’s back yard, and anyone other than a murderer could’ve gotten him to play at LSU. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Ted Bundy was also a likable fella, but you know the whole serial killer thing…

Anyway, congrats on 2nd place. Or 3rd. Or 5th. He was in LSU’s back yard, and anyone other than a murderer could’ve gotten him to play at LSU. Don’t shoot the messenger.
You are some kind of POS and a coward at heart.

You are some kind of POS and a coward at heart. I never ever had any illusions about Manning coming to LSU like all the Manning children didn't come. Archie’s wife would have had a thrombosis event.

The years of Saban at LSU has really distorted his view of that bottom dweller program.

And of course, once again I provide him a coke, tasty, refreshing ice cold six pack of truth and I get called bad names. SMH.
Makes you wonder if the wife beater didn’t rub off on him a little?

I agree with that.

Yes, UTk means University of Tennessee (Knoxville).

Ima-hopin that hes-a-leavin

Reactions: Bill_D
I asked you nicely not to shoot the messenger, so instead you decided to attack me with your vicious words and name calling.
I have as much right to tell you what you are as you have a right to call Kelly a cold blooded murder especially when you know it’s not true about Kelly. As least I’m telling the truth. It is a cowardly act.

I love me some @Bill_D but damn if he doesn’t have a vindictive side to him.
You think anyone shoukd go around calling someone a cold blooded murder especially on the internet when he knows it not true. Crap like rear spoils the fun on the Internet. That is his argument for everything to say something like that.

You think anyone shoukd go around calling someone a cold blooded murder especially on the internet when he knows it not true. Crap like rear spoils the fun on the Internet. That is his argument for everything to say something like that. He can troll without that crap. I used to enjoy bantering with him.

You think anyone shoukd go around calling someone a cold blooded murder especially on the internet when he knows it not true. Crap like rear spoils the fun on the Internet. That is his argument for everything to say something like that.
Literally made the poor student climb a metal scaffold in the midst of a lightning storm against the advice of coaches and administration.

And it cost the kid his life.

Literally made the poor student climb a metal scaffold in the midst of a lightning storm against the advice of coaches and administration.

And it cost the kid his life.
Read it again. Not a lightning storm. A strong wind . Kelly ask an assistant coach to check if they should practice inside side. The coach got the information and told Kelly it was okay to practice outside, that the WIND WAS 20 miles below the limits. The kid did complain about the wind but his supervisor told him to supervisor who was not a coach. No one advised Kelly of this. The guy went on up. They had a wind gust for minutes that exceeded for several the safety limits and the accident occurred.

Snice none of the ND coaches came with Kelly but the strength coach the coach who actually made the call on practicing outside is still there.

You are a real scumbag and POS to accuse somebody of cold blooded murder just to troll somebody when there is no evidence whatsoever of truth in it.

Kelly did not in any way force the kid to climb the tower.

So why don’t you shut up on this as I imagine our exchanges probably are not accepted well by the others on this board.

I don’t think Bill would battle a woman in a slugfest like Ed Orgeron does, but he does condone that type of behavior as evidenced by his posts on the matter.
I might if she attacked me with. a gensu knife like his first wife did him which is what caused him to hit her? Why do you think he didn’t go to jail because of the damage he did to her with that one lick.

I might if she attacked me with. a gensu knife like his first wife did him which is what caused him to hit her? Why do you think he didn’t go to jail because of the damage he did to her with that one lick.
A woman attacked Ed Orgeron? Really? How do you expect us to believe that?

Read it again. Not a lightning storm. A strong wind . Kelly ask an assistant coach to check if they should practice inside side. The coach got the information and told Kelly it was okay to practice outside, that the WIND WAS 20 miles below the limits. The kid did complain about the wind but his supervisor told him to supervisor who was not a coach. No one advised Kelly of this. The guy went on up. They had a wind gust for minutes that exceeded for several the safety limits and the accident occurred.

Snice none of the ND coaches came with Kelly but the strength coach the coach who actually made the call on practicing outside is still there.

You are a real scumbag and POS to accuse somebody of cold blooded murder just to troll somebody when there is no evidence whatsoever of truth in it.

Kelly did not in any way force the kid to climb the tower.

So why don’t you shut up on this as I imagine our exchanges probably are not accepted well by the others on this board.

Kelly had the power and he made the ultimate call. A kid died as a result. Anything that you say that deflects from those two facts is bullshit.

Why didn’t Less Miles get arrested for all of his harassment of women?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT