ADVERTISEMENT

Hats off, once again, to the

dhetiger

All District
Jun 21, 2001
Greatest Generation. 80 years ago today, the beaches of Normandy were stormed, hours after paratroopers had jumped behind Nazi lines. Brave doesn't begin to describe these amazing people. The current generation could learn a thing, or twelve, by listening to one of them. Sadly, there aren't many left, and this generation of entitled pvssies will be the one the country has to rely on in a couple of decades.

Greatest Generation. 80 years ago today, the beaches of Normandy were stormed, hours after paratroopers had jumped behind Nazi lines. Brave doesn't begin to describe these amazing people. The current generation could learn a thing, or twelve, by listening to one of them. Sadly, there aren't many left, and this generation of entitled pvssies will be the one the country has to rely on in a couple of decades.
If there were a time machine where those soldiers could see our nation today and what it has turned into, they would all demand to return to England and say 'the hell with this...'.

im-34170567

D-Day in Modern Memory

Reactions: dhetiger
This is going to sound dark, but we've had it too good in this country since WW2. We've certainly had some bumps in the road, but nothing like what previous generations had to endure. Previous to the WW2 era, every single generation had to overcome some kind of major hardship - a war, the Depression, etc. in their lifetimes. We've had it so good people worry about ridiculous, trivial and inconsequential things like it is life or death. It's why we have dozens of genders and have ridiculous ideas like lab grown meat vs. getting it the old fashioned way.

Too much comfort and ease of life at the expense of character and work ethic. My gut tells me the time is coming - sooner when we would all like - when that will come to an end. It's not gonna be pretty either.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
This is going to sound dark, but we've had it too good in this country since WW2. We've certainly had some bumps in the road, but nothing like what previous generations had to endure. Previous to the WW2 era, every single generation had to overcome some kind of major hardship - a war, the Depression, etc. in their lifetimes. We've had it so good people worry about ridiculous, trivial and inconsequential things like it is life or death. It's why we have dozens of genders and have ridiculous ideas like lab grown meat vs. getting it the old fashioned way.

Too much comfort and ease of life at the expense of character and work ethic. My gut tells me the time is coming - sooner when we would all like - when that will come to an end. It's not gonna be pretty either.

Those Who Remain: A Postapocalyptic Novel by G. Michael Hopf.

"I’ve become somewhat of a philosopher and this is one truth that is undisputable. Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

My great uncle jumped with the 82nd Airborne. He got hung up in a tree and had to shoot and kill a French farmer that was inexplicably trying to stab him with a pitchfork.

It still bothered him to his dying day.
Surprised that the French farmer would even pick up a pitchfork. Notorious cowards. My grandfather was 1stArmy infantry during the liberation of several French towns. It was alluded to in Saving Private Ryan. We offered them rifles and bazookas. They all developed bone spurs and wouldn’t fight. ****-em

Surprised that the French farmer would even pick up a pitchfork. Notorious cowards. My grandfather was 1stArmy infantry during the liberation of several French towns. It was alluded to in Saving Private Ryan. We offered them rifles and bazookas. They all developed bone spurs and wouldn’t fight. ****-em
I used to live near a veteran of the 9th infantry division. He was in North Africa, Sicily, Normandy, and the Hürtgen forest.

He didn't think very highly of the French. He said on his way back to England through Europe after the war, the Germans had organized and were clearing the rubble. The French were waiting on someone else to do it.

No doubt we are soft and weak as a nation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT