ADVERTISEMENT

Games Tomorrow

tigermasta71

Freshman
Jan 21, 2006
Who has games tomorrow? Who is it against? And give a prediction or some background on what you think will be the results.

Originally posted by soccer_kid:
Pella Christian vs. PCM

Prediction - Not a clue, it's the first game!!

Should be fun though.
I didn't even know these schools had soccer teams.

Bondurant-Farrar plays @ Chariton.. I'd assume B-F should win rather easily.

40 minute scrimmages held at the Pella Soccer Complex

Pella vs. Osky
Pella Christian vs. Knoxville

I've got Pella and Pella Christian winning

Norwalk and Grinnell are supposed to be dueling in terrible weather and, I'm assuming though I'm not there, miserable field conditions. I hope no one gets hurt.

the NCAA tournament took priority over the Norwalk game tonight unfortunately.. anyways, i drove by and it was Norwalk 3 Grinnell 0 at half..

any idea who scored for norwalk? weather musta killed norwalks ability to control the ball on that incredibly small field that they HAVE to play on...

[cough cough Norwalk needs a soccer stadium...]

Originally posted by senior_08:
40 minute scrimmages held at the Pella Soccer Complex

Pella vs. Osky
Pella Christian vs. Knoxville

I've got Pella and Pella Christian winning

Cancelled due to poor field conditions.

big tournament in Norwalk tomorrow [saturday]

IIRC, its the same tournament with Xavier, Assumption, Norwalk, and Glendwood.

1st Round:
Cedar Rapids Xavier 3 [Shootout]
Norwalk 2

Glenwood 7
Davenport Assumption 1

Finals:
Glenwood 3
Cedar Rapids Xavier 2

Consolation:
Norwalk 8
Davenport Assumption 0

Davenport Assumption did not have anything special at all. Norwalk obliterated them and was up 2-0 within the first 5 minutes. Several bench players were able to pick up a few stats.

Xavier went up 2-0 on Norwalk in the first game very early. The wind was terrible! Nothing else happened in the first half in either teams favor. Norwalk was pounding on Xavier the entire 2nd half with several shots on goal and one being called off. Nate Van Horn connected on the back post from a corner kick to score the first goal for Norwalk. Freshman, Conner Adamson [yes, Austin Adamson's brother] scored the tying goal with seconds to spare. It immediately went to a shoot out. After the first 5 shooters it was a tie and then it went to sudden death and Norwalk's Justin Coughenour [sp?] kicked it at the goalie and it was saved and Xavier won.

Xavier is no where close to as good as they were the past 4 years. They lack the attacking strength. They have a good striker #9 up top with a solid defense and decent midfield. They have some good sized players, however, their goalie seems quite small. Norwalk played shaky in the defensive line at times and couldnt clear the ball on corner kicks worth a damn. It seemed as if there was some issues in communication. All in all it was a good game with no hurt feelings either way. Refs were good. The wind wasn't...

I wasn't able to see much of Glenwood but they seemed very strong from the few glimpses that i got to see. Strong defensive efforts but obviously able to score. Hopefully a Glenwood player/fan will chime in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT