ADVERTISEMENT

Game day! - Semifinals

Charles86

Freshman
Aug 6, 2018
Good luck to the teams and players participating today. Share your thoughts on today’s games right here. Also, provide some insight as the games are happening.

As for me, I’m really looking forward to the rematch between WL and WS. Not trying to discredit Regina and VM, but that second game has so much juice and intrigue. Should be a fun day all around.

What’re you looking forward to today?

VM with just a bit too much talent on the field. I don’t think it would matter all that much if Regina had the services of Wick.

Regina with a couple of breakdowns defensively leading to two long TD passes for VM. VM is a well coached team and doesn’t seem to miss a beat offensively even without their top running back.

Good thing the West Sioux defense has shown up to start because Dekkers hasn’t found his groove yet.

West Lyon vs West Sioux rematch has lived up to the hype so far. Great back and forth. Should be an intense 4th quarter. Dekkers and Lynott are such a tough combo to stop. Plus, you throw in Coppock and his ability and it’s extremely tough. But, West Lyon has plenty of athletes themselves that can make plays. This one is going down to the wire.

Regina missed Wick on the defensive side of the ball. It also hurt to lose the Regina RB in the first quarter on a hit that would have been an ejection in college or the NFL.
Van Meter was great though, on both sides of the ball. Hopefully we get a great game in the finals.

West Lyon wins the rematch 26-21 over West Sioux. What a great game and effort by both teams. End of a great run for the duo of Dekkers and Lynott. What will WS look like next year without those two? Great last few years by them. Congrats to the Wildcats for advancing.

Last edited:
Regina missed Wick on the defensive side of the ball. It also hurt to lose the Regina RB in the first quarter on a hit that would have been an ejection in college or the NFL.
Van Meter was great though, on both sides of the ball. Hopefully we get a great game in the finals.

The running back actually injured the ankle earlier in the game while blocking. It just got progressively worse. The personal foul hit(first one) was cheap. The whining and yapping about it didn’t help

Now, that I got my ability to post back...(not sure what happened for a while there) I'll just say that VM didn't do anything particularly exciting. They just executed, consistently and very well. Impressed with the team top to bottom. I wouldn't count them out in the final, but I think West Lyon may just have a little much for them. Ought to be a good one to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT