ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Scores

Western Dubuque rallies from 10- pt. deficit in 4th to win over Dub. Hempstead 40- 37.
Dubuque Wahlert 51, Waterloo East 18 final.
West Delaware rolls Clinton to outscore opponents 165-6 in their first games.

Last edited:
harlan 21 pella 18......harlans defense saved them....i sure wish harlans #1 qb is about ready to play...he is on practice squad..but not given ok to play yet..had ankle surgery this summer...but the soph qb is doing great

Lewis Central pounded SBL. Harlan/ L.C game will be fun to watch
harlan / lc is gong to be a good one . i just wonder how good glenwood is? harlan sure has a tough schedule, looks like they will play 4 top 10 ranked teams at one time or another....i think grinell and pella are very close to being equal teams from watching both vs harlan.....both very good teams

Last edited:
harlan / lc is gong to be a good one . i just wonder how good glenwood is? harlan sure has a tough schedule, looks like they will play 4 top 10 ranked teams at one time or another....i think grinell and pella are very close to being equal teams from watching both vs harlan.....both very good teams
Grinnell's defense has cleaned things up a bit. They also get their stud receiver back next week.

Grinnell's defense has cleaned things up a bit. They also get their stud receiver back next week.
harlan got one defensive starter back friday that has been missing all year, and the starting qb should return soon, he was also starter on defense...so they have been missing key elements...no doubt grinell is good, i was impressed with hunter, the running back...he is good

harlan got one defensive starter back friday that has been missing all year, and the starting qb should return soon, he was also starter on defense...so they have been missing key elements...no doubt grinell is good, i was impressed with hunter, the running back...he is good
Hunter had 261 yards rushing and 80 yards recieved in 2 quarters this past week. Didnt play a single down second half

Glenwood was terrified of Lewis Central. They looked scared. My buddy who lives there said Glenwood players were all saying they had " no chance " against Lewis Central. L.C's weight program has taken this program to a whole new level. I would like to see the Harlan of old show up Friday but I have my doubts. That's why they play them.

Glenwood was terrified of Lewis Central. They looked scared. My buddy who lives there said Glenwood players were all saying they had " no chance " against Lewis Central. L.C's weight program has taken this program to a whole new level. I would like to see the Harlan of old show up Friday but I have my doubts. That's why they play them.
going to take harlan by 7......cyclones will not be afraid of lewis central....should be a good game...but i am going harlan since they are at home..harlans qb is a better passer.....no doubt lewis central is good

Harlan-Lewis Central is probably the game of the night. I would expect Pella to take Nevada and SBL to beat Spencer, as well as DCG over Winterset. I could be wrong on any or all, so please, no wagering.

Decorah-Western Dubuque should be a good one in eastern Iowa. Decorah gave West Delaware their only loss, and West Delaware thumped Western Dubuque last week, but come on - this is Western Dubuque. I would expect Assumption to handle Wahlert and Washington to beat Keokuk in the other games pertaining to district titles.

Taking a break on the combine, got a text saying Harlan Community vs. Lewis Central Freshman game = Harlan Community 24 -LC 21. HArlan Comm kicked a field goal with 2 seconds to go in the game to win it by 3 points.

Harlan looked good!! Some at L.C. said they( LC) ran 90% of the time/ same play type scenario. Said they weren't going to show Harlan anything in case they meet up again. Hats off to Harlan for winning the district.

Harlan looked good!! Some at L.C. said they( LC) ran 90% of the time/ same play type scenario. Said they weren't going to show Harlan anything in case they meet up again. Hats off to Harlan for winning the district.
harlan has never dominated most people this year, most of the games have been hard fought, 4th quarter deciding games...if it was not for harlans defense, a couple of looses.....i left game at half to go to bike week in phoenix, thought it was over, lewis central win....i also read in paper fadone, or what his name is for lewis central, the d1 guy at receiver, that harlan had him double team most of the game...he still caught a bunch of passes

If you go to stats for the Harlan Community vs. LC game it shows that Tom Fidone had 3 passes that he caught, it doesn't show how many attempted passes were thrown to him or how many he did not catch:

AthleteRECYDSYPCTDSLONG
#1, Jonathan Humpal, SO3155.000
#11, Luciano Fidone, SO1-1-1.000
#23, Brayden Loftin, JR11414.000
#24, Thomas Fidone, SR39130.300
Team811914.900

If you go to stats for the Harlan Community vs. LC game it shows that Tom Fidone had 3 passes that he caught, it doesn't show how many attempted passes were thrown to him or how many he did not catch:

AthleteRECYDSYPCTDSLONG
#1, Jonathan Humpal, SO3155.000
#11, Luciano Fidone, SO1-1-1.000
#23, Brayden Loftin, JR11414.000
#24, Thomas Fidone, SR39130.300
Team811914.900
ok..i quess i misread the harlan tribune...thks for the update

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT