ADVERTISEMENT

Friday 1st Round Scores and Comments

EastIowaHawk

All District
Jan 6, 2008
Could the weather cause some upsets? Post you impressions of the games. I'll be giving some updates of the Cedar Falls- Senior game.

Cedar Falls, the most talented 4A squad on the east side of the state, leads Senior 7- 0 on the Tigers' first drive. Cedar Falls offense just too smooth for the Rams. 14-0 in the middle of the 1st. Long timeout as Senior center injured on the field. Stretcher being brought out. Biggest difference in these teams is that Senior has some talent sprinkled around their skill players, but CF is solid throughout, with a big disparity in the line, specifically. Campbell snares a TD pass from CF's lanky QB and is ahead 21-0 in the first. 37-0 at halftime; continuous clock. CF would be smart to hold out their starters in the second half.

Last edited:
The Senior/CF game is being streamed via video live on Youtube. Go to the Cedar Falls Channel 15 Youtube page.

Or go here.

T's and P's for the Dubuque Senior center. Taken off on a stretcher. Hate to see that.

Cedar Falls 44 - Dubuque Senior 0, Final

West Des Moines Valley 42 - Indianola 7, Final

Dowling 35 - DM Roosevelt 7, Final

Bettendorf 42 - Linn Mar 14, Final

Waukee 45 - CR Prairie 15, Final

CR Kennedy 63 - Ft. Dodge 6, Final

Ankeny 24 - SE Polk 14, Final

Urbandale 29 - Ankeny Centennial 28, Final
^^o_O Yikes!! Second year in a row Ankeny Centennial upset in 1st round!

Last edited:
Ankeny 17 - SEP 14. SEP with ball at midfield. About 9 minutes left.

Ankeny holds, SEP punts. Ankeny now moving ball to SEP 31 yrd line. Less then 5 minutes to go.

Ankeny 3rd down from SEP 7 yrd line. 2 minutes left.

Ankeny td. 24-14. 1:55 to play.

Last edited:
Do you have any stats on the game

CF had 423 yards offense
236 rushing
187 passing

Ryan Ostrich 11 carries 136 yards rushing 2 TD
Trey Campbell 1 carry 49 yards rushing 1 TD
Bo Grosse 7 carries 53 yards rushing.

Ben Sernett, 5 receptions 62 yards, 1 TD
Daniel Hutchins, 2 receptions 50 Yards, 1 TD
Jacob Remmert, 2 receptions 15 yards, 1 TD
Ryan Ostrich, 1 reception 34 yards
Landon Wolf, 1 reception 22 yards

Loecher 12-18 187 yards passing 3TDs

Last edited:
Reactions: franky1967
Quarterfinals set

#10 Waukee @ #1 WDM Valley
#12 Urbandale @ #5 CR Kennedy
#9 Ankeny @ #3 Dowling
#7 Bettendorf @ #2 Cedar Falls

Then just let the 7 district champs in
With the exception of the Ft. dodge/ Kennedy game the 1st round scores look no different then most years. So a either it's a 63-6 Kennedy win or a 29-28 Urbandale win over Centennial that has people upset. My guess is it is not the thumping Kennedy put on Ft Fodge, but a 6-3 Urbandale beating a 8-1 Centennial

Thats right the guy that follows the coat tails of others
Damn, I missed whatever it was you decided to edit 12 minutes ago.....;)

But also what you ended up going with makes no sense, so I probably would've went with the original comment instead....but that's just like my opinion. :cool:

Damn, I missed whatever it was you decided to edit 12 minutes ago.....;)

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself, it must be hard being the kid that was always picked on and I hope as it continues into your adult life you don't let it consume you

But also what you ended up going with makes no sense, so I probably would've went with the original comment instead....but that's just like my opinion. :cool:

franky:
df9.jpg

^^Me:

Edited for you, (Stop needing to edit your posts and just say what you want to say the first time..............sheesh)

Good Luck with you threatening me (Do you feel threatened? Or is it that you actually feel offended, and mistook that for feeling threatened?.............:eek:), I will refrain from commenting any further with you. (Are you sure about that?......:cool:)
Btw, the only person who's made any kind of insults here is you......suggesting I ride the coattails of others and that I was picked on as a kid and that I will apparently continue to be as an adult.

Just sayin.......;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT