ADVERTISEMENT

Friday 1st Round Playoffs Scores and Comments

EastIowaHawk

All District
Jan 6, 2008
Interesting games tonight, to say the least. Let's hear your comments. Cold, rainy, slippery evening.

CR Xavier 3, North Scott 0 at halftime
Western Dubuque 42, Washington 10, final
Solon 14, IC Liberty 7

Last edited:
dallas center-grimes 9 harlan 7 4th

looks like harlan will lose this one

harlan went with fake punt on their 24, did not make it....dallas center-grimes , 4th down on the 1 yd line...did not make it. on first play for harlan, harlan throws interception..game over. harlan returns 8 on defense next year, should help;
harlan had 5 turnovers in this game......cannot win doing that

dallas center-grimes 9 harlan 7...final
lewis central 44 oskalossa 0....final
Sergeant Bluff-Luton 48 Carlisle 15 Final
Norwalk 42 Glenwood 28 final

Last edited:
Reactions: mtdew_fever
CR Xavier 3, North Scott 3 with a minute to go. OT???

Now 9- 3 North Scott over Xavier in the last minute. North Scott vs. Western Dubuque in next round??

North Scott beats Xavier 9-3. A directional school second round. Western (Dub) vs. North (Sc)- two of the largest, if not THE largest of the 3A schools to clash.

Last edited:
Reactions: mtdew_fever
Pella 24
Independence 6

Pella D was the story. Not sure if Indee even got a 100 yards on offense. Pella controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Indee got points on kickoff TD return. Pella's Aaron Downs has to be one of the hardest guys to bring down in this state. He was very effective running wildcat all night long then had an INT in 4th quarter to finish it.

Reactions: stickman80
Pella 24
Independence 6

Pella D was the story. Not sure if Indee even got a 100 yards on offense. Pella controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Indee got points on kickoff TD return. Pella's Aaron Downs has to be one of the hardest guys to bring down in this state. He was very effective running wildcat all night long then had an INT in 4th quarter to finish it.

Generally you are what you eat. Congrats to Pella and Indy on a great season.

Pella 24
Independence 6

I agree. Without downs pella isnt in the playoffs

North Scott’s defense came to play. Those guys are really good. Xavier’s defense also played tremendously - the offense, not so much. Xavier had four turnovers plus lost a muffed punt, yet North Scott got zero points off all five of those.

The game turned on two punts late. North Scott pinned Xavier back at the four with a punt that just bounced straight up and died there, and when the Saints had to punt, it wasn’t a great one and North Scott got the ball near midfield. One good run got them to the 36, then a tremendous break on the ball by a well-covered receiver moved the Lancers to the 1. Two plays later they scored the game’s only TD with a minute left.

Well at my pregame tailgate, I eat pickled herring and drink cheap beer......what does that make me?

Was going to invite you to ride long to Council Bluffs this weekend to show you there are no hard feels. Not going to be couped up in a car for the ride back with that hanging in the air.

Some people just arent strong enough. I get it.

Was going to invite you to ride long to Council Bluffs this weekend to show you there are no hard feels. Not going to be couped up in a car for the ride back with that hanging in the air.

dallas center-grimes 9 harlan 7 4th

looks like harlan will lose this one

harlan went with fake punt on their 24, did not make it....dallas center-grimes , 4th down on the 1 yd line...did not make it. on first play for harlan, harlan throws interception..game over. harlan returns 8 on defense next year, should help;
harlan had 5 turnovers in this game......cannot win doing that

dallas center-grimes 9 harlan 7...final
lewis central 44 oskalossa 0....final
Sergeant Bluff-Luton 48 Carlisle 15 Final
Norwalk 42 Glenwood 28 final
==========

I heard a few days ago from a neighbor, that the Harlan center broke his left hand in the first quarter, and did not tell the coaches or any player that he broke it. I would guess that is why he snapped the ball over the QB's head through the back of the end zone to give DCG those 2 points. It most likely also probably had a toll on the rest of the first quarter and the whole rest of the game, beings he was not snapping the ball like normal. I'd have thought his QB might have noticed something wrong. I can understand a kid wanting to play in an important game like that, but - just goes to show that these kids need to tell the coach and let the coach make the decision. I'd have to conclude that the center's broken left hand - and I understand that he is also left handed - was a major factor in the game's outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT