ADVERTISEMENT

For those afflicted with TDS

Reasoned

All District
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps this little read I found will clarify.

Were it not for my strong commitment to Jesus Christ I would never be able to support Donald Trump. If these were ordinary times, Trump, an obviously un-Christian man, is the last person in the world I would vote for. But these are not ordinary times. No, we are living in a time when Christianity is under strong attack in America. It is under attack from a very powerful force made up of atheists and their morally and intellectually corrupt allies – enthusiasts for murder (abortion), perversion (homosexuality), and lunacy (transgenderism). We Christians have no choice but to fight back if we are to be true to our Christianity.

And the political conclusion they will draw from this reality is equally clear: “If an effective defender of Christianity (Trump) comes along, even if he is not much of a Christian himself, even if he defends Christianity from less-than-Christian motives, we cannot refuse to support him on the grounds that he is less than ideal, less than a knight in shining armor. These are desperate times for us Christians, and desperate times call for desperate measures. You cannot expect a drowning man to refuse help because the lifeguard happens not to be a replica of Francis of Assisi or George Washington.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT