ADVERTISEMENT

Football is Back

Sep 24, 2016
The best time of the year has arrived and I am ready to enjoy some football. I want to thank each and every school and athlete who strap on the pads every Friday Night, I really enjoy taking in the games and sharing some unbiased opinions.

Parents appreciate what your boys are doing and remember they are 16-18 year old, cheer them on and remind yourselves that most will not play at the next level so allow them to enjoy these special moments, they will remember them for a lifetime!

I was shell shocked that Centennial lost as I'm sure many that saw the score had the same thoughts. So a big congrats to Johnston on a great opening season win, you guys are good believe in yourselves, i want to get out and watch you play.

. Centennial, you will bounce back and be in the hunt in the end, these games provide a lot of immediate feedback on what needs shored up, you have a lot of great athletes and you're still my preseason pick. Fix it and get after it!

Waukee looks to be for real with a nice win over an Urbandale team that's playing guys that will get much better as the season matures. Waukee you returned a ton from last years team, this is your year, make the most of it.

Dowling is Dowling, not much to say about them except they are loaded again. Murray looked good on offense and Riggs was all over the place.

Valley I must say I was impressed when I read the score over Bettendorf, was not sure you would win that one on the road in a tough environment... great way to start the season.

Once again, Hats Off to all the kids. Enjoy week 2, I know I will.
DSM Sportsfan

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT