ADVERTISEMENT

Foot Locker Cross Country Championships 2013

bekele

Freshman
Oct 25, 2006
Big shout-out to these athletes for making it to the Footlocker Champs in San Diego.
Thomas Pollard Ames, IA, Stephanie Jenks, Aurora, IA, Rebekah Topham Griswold, IA

3 Athletes from IA, is a pretty big deal I would say. Respect, even though it may not be as popular or as competitive as previous years, it's still a great accomplishment making it as far as any championship race.

I'd agree, absolutely fantastic. All three of them are also underclassmen.

The one that was a nice surprise is Stephanie Jenks, who sat out the Cross Country season to concentrate on swimming.

Originally posted by mtdew_fever:
I'd agree, absolutely fantastic. All three of them are also underclassmen.

The one that was a nice surprise is Stephanie Jenks, who sat out the Cross Country season to concentrate on swimming.
Her qualifying is really not a surprise since she ran in three collegiate meets this fall. The highlight of which was placing 7th in 16:57 for 5k at the Bill Dellinger Invite at the University of Oregon. She will be certainly be in the top 10 at FootLocker this weekend.

B-K- that is pretty crazy about Jenks. I had not heard she basically gave up her high school cross country eligibility to run those three college meets.

It'll be interesting to see how she does this weekend.

It'll be interesting to see how things unfold this track season. Jenks comes in with her Drake & State titles but I think Yanek may close the gap a little. Not sure what Topham will do. She has the potential to run on Jenks' level but it appeared she avoided going head-to-head against her. Schweizer has the potential to step it up as well. Drake could be interesting for sure

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT