ADVERTISEMENT

Food shortages?

billywayneluck

All District
Dec 28, 2009
Had a guy talk my ear off today about food shortages in 2023. He’s all gloom and doom on the subject. Thoughts from this esteemed group? I expect some spotty shortages and costs to keep going up. He painted a much more dire picture.

Certainly a possibility with all the food manufacturing and processing plants having mysteriously burned in the last year. 100 + the last time I saw. From cattle processing plants to General Mills in Covington Ga getting hit with a plane.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhetiger
The weather has fvcked with crops in the Midwest and West, plus the Ukraine situation. It's likely that food shortages become an issue.

Reactions: ZosoDawg
The weather has fvcked with crops in the Midwest and West, plus the Ukraine situation. It's likely that food shortages become an issue.
In my corner of the Midwest we are looking at potentially record yields for corn and soybeans. NW Iowa is very dry and other isolated weather issues but not enough to cause shortages. Now the liquidation of much of our cattle herds is a different matter but…….we can always get protein from insects, yum.

In my corner of the Midwest we are looking at potentially record yields for corn and soybeans. NW Iowa is very dry and other isolated weather issues but not enough to cause shortages. Now the liquidation of much of our cattle herds is a different matter but…….we can always get protein from insects, yum.
Not worried about beef here, my brother has around 3500 head . And he has 1 hog .

Sounds more like what I am expecting. I think it will be a problem, but if we get to the apocalyptic state he was going on about today - its all over. When people can't eat on a large scale, shit gets real.

I do think third world countries are going to suffer more, but thankfully some of them still have an agrarian base to help soften the blow.

• Sad
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Gator? Trump's fault? Global Warming? Damn NIL deals?
I’m sure it’s trumps fault somehow. My only question is how much of this is hype and how much is real. We have a growing market of selling goods and services through fear, which is fueled by our shitbrained statists in government.

Reactions: Reasoned
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT