ADVERTISEMENT

Finebaum…

GwinnettDawg

All Conference
Aug 7, 2001
The numbers of Vols fans crying about the weather is hilarious. It’s even irritating Finebaum a little bit.

One dude said that if it hadn’t rained in the 2H it would have been much closer cause Hooker could “ do what he do” and that Georgia wasn’t impressive in the 2H.

Was this a Bama-Auburn deal where it only rained on one side of the field? SEC fans just kill me sometimes.

The numbers of Vols fans crying about the weather is hilarious. It’s even irritating Finebaum a little bit.

One dude said that if it hadn’t rained in the 2H it would have been much closer cause Hooker could “ do what he do” and that Georgia wasn’t impressive in the 2H.

Was this a Bama-Auburn deal where it only rained on one side of the field? SEC fans just kill me sometimes.
Georgia went totally conservative in the second half because of the rain. I bet we didn’t attempt more than 5 passes because of the rain. We ran 3 plays and either made a first down or punted.

Georgia went totally conservative in the second half because of the rain. I bet we didn’t attempt more than 5 passes because of the rain. We ran 3 plays and either made a first down or punted.
It was 5 I’m pretty sure.

Fact was, our defense had Hooker rattled. He got the happy feet when he dropped back in the pocket. Seriously, he looked a lot like BO Nix when he played at Auburn.
That game was over in the 2Q. We just didn’t quite know it at the time. They had mind fvcked Hooker.

Reactions: ZosoDawg
You candy @ss SEC fellas need to play up here in real elements……of course now with global warming it’s 70 degrees this week. 😏

Hooker was off before the rain moved in. He looked like Nick Marshall trying to throw a deep ball, and even his completions early on were off. I commented to several buddies in first half that almost every comeback route was thrown high and the receiver had to go up and get, which cost them tons of yards after catch. They weren’t terrible, but the split seconds allowed a good defense like uga to step up and make the play.

The playcalling was there for UT, Hooker just didn’t deliver imo. Uga prob still would have won, but it would have been a much higher scoring game.

Hooker was off before the rain moved in. He looked like Nick Marshall trying to throw a deep ball, and even his completions early on were off. I commented to several buddies in first half that almost every comeback route was thrown high and the receiver had to go up and get, which cost them tons of yards after catch. They weren’t terrible, but the split seconds allowed a good defense like uga to step up and make the play.

The playcalling was there for UT, Hooker just didn’t deliver imo. Uga prob still would have won, but it would have been a much higher scoring game.
Uga beat UT on talent. Pretty simple.

Bama’s biggest problem is coaching - but we already knew that. Piss poor prep = loss in the SEC. Esp on the road against a rival.

Uga beat UT on talent. Pretty simple.
Not alone. There was an obvious talent gap, but the scheme in place and executed was stellar. Georgia’s talent is similar to Bama but you didnt see Hyatt running all over the field uncovered. Our D kept it front of them and kept Hooker wondering what the hell was going on. On O Dawgs did what they do and UT generally couldn’t stop it.

Last edited:
Not alone. There was an obvious talent gap, but the scheme in place and executed was stellar. Georgia’s talent is similar to Bama but you didnt see Hyatt running all over the field uncovered. Our D kept it front of them and kept Hooker wondering what the hell was going on. On O Dawgs did what they do and UT generally couldn’t stop it.
thUGA broke the code on UT. I’m betting every DC they face now defends them the same way. Look for UT to go winless from here on out.

On par talent it would have been close. I think it would have had the same result. Kirby has been there before a few times. Experience wins out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT