ADVERTISEMENT

Finally Game Day!!

Nov 7, 2015
With the start of the season for the majority of the state finally here I thought I'd start a new thread.

Was a great game to watch on YouTube last night with 2 really good football teams going at it. Heck of an effort by both squads and both look to be formidable teams in their respective classes. Congrats to both Lewis Central and Harlan on a awesome display of high school football.

The CL-GLR Lions take on the Nighthawks from BH/RV tonight in Rock Rapids. Tough game to preview based on all the question marks for the Nighthawks. They will have to reload after graduating a ton of talent off of last years squad. That team took it to the Lions pretty handily last year. They have a ton of kids to pull talent from so I look for the Nighthawks to be a really good opponent tonight. The son of legendary WL coach Jay Rozeboom, Jayme Rozeboom takes over the head coaching duties for the Nighthawks. I've had the pleasure to run the chains on the same side as Jayme and I can say just from those interactions he's going to be a great head coach.

The Lions on the other hand return a fair amount of talent with Lutmer at the helm. Last years results left a pretty sour taste in the mouths of everyone involved with the football program and they put a lot of work in over the offseason to correct some of those issues. Will the results be displayed on the field? We will find out some of those questions tonight. I cant wait for Friday Night Lights again my favorite time of year.

Love to hear some other game previews no matter what class they might be in. Best of luck to all your teams on a healthy and successful season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT