ADVERTISEMENT

Favorites for the State Meet

Mar 30, 2013
Things have been a little bit slow on here so I thought I'd start a good topic! Who are your guys' predictions to take home the team titles at state? Things look tight in each division and I want your thoughts!

4A Boys:

1. Linn-Mar They've got the hammer and enough to back him up.
2. Johnston Great pack that is solid. They won't go in running for second.
3. CR Prairie 5th runner is a little off their 4th but still a solid team. If the other two falter, look out!!!
4. Cedar Falls Awesome pack runners but don't have what it takes yet to bust up the front elites.
5. Pleasant Valley Tradition and always finish strong. Could sneak up a spot if things go their way.
6. WDM Dowling Has two solid front runners and a descent next 3.
7. Waukee Nice team but dropped off a little at CIC. Will need a great effort to break into top 4.
8. Ames on a great day. Otherwise, they drop back into the next pool and then who knows...
9-13. Hempstead, WDM Valley, City High, IC West, Dubuque Sr any order.
14-15. Burlington & DM Roosevelt

This prediction is before the State Qualifying meet. We'll see if form holds on qualifiers to rankings.

Anything can happen between now and Nov. 2nd.

Cold weather will make things interesting as far as strategy goes. If the wind is calm, weather won't be a factor. Windy, Cold, Rainy... things could get tactical. Forget the fast times we've seen the past few years if that happens.

This post was edited on 10/23 9:57 PM by On Wings of Eagles

This post was edited on 10/23 9:58 PM by On Wings of Eagles

My guesses -

Boys:
1A Denver
2A Monticello
3A Charles City
4A Johnston

Girls:
1A Pekin
2A Gilbert
3A Assumption
4A Dowling

Originally posted by sperpawoi2015:
I think your missing a key team that will be in the mix, C.R WASH.
I think you all mixing the XC predictions with spring track is slightly comical.

Maybe not a favorite to win class 2A but looked very good last night at Dome was Camanche. Did they get a move in or same guys as last year.

They likely won't win, but CMB will make some noise in 2A, maybe top 3-5. They had quite a few state qualifiers, and a couple of state champs, last year and get all but one of them back. Plus, they have a few others that should be challengers for a state appearance this year.

In addition to last years qualifiers, they have a decent shot of adding qualifiers in the high jump (2), discuss, 100, 800, 1600 (2), 3200 (2) and a couple of relays. The only state qualifier the lost from last year was Aaron Ward, and they have two guys (both JRs) running faster in the 1600 and 3200 than he did last year.

Again, I don't think they can make up that much ground on Monticello, but they could pass a few teams and get into the top 3-5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT