ADVERTISEMENT

Fat Test

cidhawkeye

All District
Jun 21, 2009
I need some insight on the fat test and the options that are out there. My sons school took the fat test in late October, he weighed 152 with 12% body fat. He is now walking around weight 140 without a change in regular diet, he wanted to cut to 138 but his test told him he could ony go down to 145, so now because of returning team members he will need to wrestle 160 if he wants to be on the varsity. I know the school appealed another wrestlers test but I think the appeal window is closed. Are there other options? Re test etc. I have spoken to some other parents at other schools and have found the fat testing to be a little bit different then how our school conducted it, perhaps some manipulating the data to allow a bigger cut. Any advice is appreciated.

There isn't anything that you can do. You only have 14 days from the time that the school gets the results to appeal the test. If they just recently recieved the results, they would use his original weight for the retest not his current weight. All you can appeal is the body fat percentage.

Originally posted by cidhawkeye:
Are there other options?
There's always basketball, cid.
tongue.r191677.gif

He did basketball, ouch, he did win both wrestleoffs at 38 and would probably be stuck behind a state qualifier at 45, so it looks like a season of jv matches, I think perhaps his biggest issue is not starting wrestling until he was a soph.lol

Even if you are a great athlete wrestling is a tough one if you get a late start . Too many kids who seem like they were wrestling before they were walking and there is just no substitute for mat experience.

That's the bad part, he is a tall 38 and I don't think he would have been out muscled by too many, long way to go with technique but strength wasn't an issue, hoping he will be one of those surprise stories next year, the "third year wrestling, now winning" we shall see, ready for the season to get into full swing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT