ADVERTISEMENT

Farewell Lahaina… we hardly knew ye..

Speculators will crush the cost and everything about Maui will change
Yeah… tourist flow will shift to Hana now and it will be impossible to get to without a helicopter… that 2 lane road is one of the best drives on the planet and the traffic will lock it down.

Part of Lahaina will be built back. First the docks and some offices, as Pacific Whale won’t move, as that straight between Maui and Larry Ellisons island is primo for whales; no substitute. The sub tour won’t move either….. at least not permanently. So that’ll mean some bars and tourist traps too

But it won’t ever get back to what it was

Reactions: Orange_N_White
Was there last September... went to Fleetwood's one night (he was there performing the next night but tx were sold out). Great downtown area, the Banyan tree was magnificent. Hard to believe it's all gone.

I can't imagine the horror of these poor people trapped in their cars trying to escape as the fire is coming all around them. Tragic.

Spent my honeymoon on Maui and spent a lot of time in Lahaina. My wife loved it, especially the small shops.

Part of Lahaina will be built back. First the docks and some offices, as Pacific Whale won’t move, as that straight between Maui and Larry Ellisons island is primo for whales; no substitute. The sub tour won’t move either….. at least not permanently. So that’ll mean some bars and tourist traps too

But it won’t ever get back to what it was
Best dive of my life was off Molokini Crater… a couple of humpbacks and a calf were just hovering right there … awesome experience “feeling “ whale song.

Hoping it won’t take too long to rebuild. I want to go back one more time.

I was just there in March. Daughter is working on Oahu and we visited a cousin who lives on Maui. Beautiful place. Axis deer, pheasant, chucker, quail, turkey hunting. I'm bringing the shotgun next time to go bird hunting.

Last edited:
We've made a farce out of the Oval and the person who sits in it. Seriously, we've weakened the executive branch.

Reactions: Reasoned
We've made a farce out of the Oval and the person who sits in it. Seriously, we've weakened the executive branch.
Unfortunately it’s not just the “executive branch” that’s been weakened but our entire country by this bunch of incompetent Marxists. I’ve listened to several clips of his “burning kitchen” fable and have got to say, this man is cognitively compromised……he’s a sad, pithed prune.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT